PC won't boot with PCI USB2 installed

Post by jfd.. » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:13:10

I am trying to install a PCI USB2 card with a VIA chipset on my old
Asus P2-99 P3 550 system but when I have the card in any of the
available PCI slots, the system will not boot. There is power but the
screen stays on standby and the system doesn't do anything (no beeps or
anything from POST). I tried unplugging my HDD and CD to see if maybe
the PSU wasn't providing enough power but same thing happens.

Anybody, please help!

Regards,

Spooky

PC won't boot with PCI USB2 installed

Post by DL » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:20:07

Tried checking asus site for any bios/driver updates for the mobo?

Quote:> I am trying to install a PCI USB2 card with a VIA chipset on my old