XP Desktop using the 'Classic' Theme, Folders keep defaulting to 'Detail View'

XP Desktop using the 'Classic' Theme, Folders keep defaulting to 'Detail View'

Post by George T. Smit » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:27:17

When I set up my icon layout in my desktop folders
to 'Icon View', they always default back to Details View
at some unspecified time later on. It doesn't do this if I
use the Windows XP Theme, but as soon as I revert to my
preferred Classic Theme, it starts again.
The reason it always goes to the Detail View is because I
initially set all my folders to this view then setup the
Icon View for the several other folders that I use in this
mode.
Windows used to save the folder conguration but doesn't do
it anymore.

Any ideas on how I can reset this in the registry, or what
config files I need to delete to clear this fault?

Kind Regards
George T.Smith

XP Desktop using the 'Classic' Theme, Folders keep defaulting to 'Detail View'

Post by Kell » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:42:37

Hi George,

Run this edit, then reset your folder views:

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Quote:> When I set up my icon layout in my desktop folders