Help: Internet Connection Firewall and Remote Desktop Connection

Help: Internet Connection Firewall and Remote Desktop Connection

Post by Imra » Thu, 09 May 2002 22:54:41

I just found out that if I turn on my Internet Connection Firewall (that
comes built in with XP), I cannot use Remote Desktop Administration client
to access my Win2000 server. Is there any way I can use the firewall and
still use the Remote Desktop Connection? I believe I might need to check or
uncheck some option in the Firewall settings for that.

Thanks,
Imran

Help: Internet Connection Firewall and Remote Desktop Connection

Post by David Collin » Fri, 10 May 2002 00:44:34

I have never used remote desktop, but I imagine it's just like anything else
when it comes to the firewall.  You have to map the incoming port through
your firewall.  Find out which port you need and manually enter it under
your firewall settings.

Help: Internet Connection Firewall and Remote Desktop Connection

Post by The Kno » Fri, 10 May 2002 06:03:35

open up port 3389