XP Start-up, Re-Start, and Shutdown problems

XP Start-up, Re-Start, and Shutdown problems

Post by Arthur S Desko » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:08:21

 Subject:  start (boot-up) and re-start and shutdown
problems Attachments:  None

3/11/2002 12:25:08 AM

I have an Acer Notebook...192 ram, Windows XP
Professionsl which otherwise runs fine....when i attempt
to start up i get two black pages requesting me to
highlight the startup i would prefer and press enter the
options are normal, last good confuguration,or just press
enter...in any event there follows a 30 second countdown
proceedure for each page while it boots up then sometimes
it get sturk on finding your settings and i have to enter
a password to get to the desktop...also, on shutdown, it
only goes to a final but still runing page that requests
that you are safe to shut down the computer no. which i
have to do manually with the slider switch.....never had
this problem with windows 98...walked through  a check
out with Acer and they said the notebook is working fine.
I would appreciate any suggestions and help as this is a
frustrating and prolonged proceedure which sometimes
require a manual shutdown and restart again...thanks a
million........arthur
.

1. start (boot-up) and re-start and shutdown problems

[...]

2. printing in Windows

3. WinXP won't re-start/shutdown

4. Hooking up 3 CD drives.. need help.

5. Windows Won't Re-start or Shutdown.

6. Avoid more than one process

7. XP and Shut Down/ Re-Start problem

8. DUAL PENTIUM SYSTEM

9. re-start problem

10. System Re-Start Problem After Abnormal Shut-Down

11. Re-start problem

12. (Solved) How to re-start / boot XP without entering users or passwords and automating tasks.

13. XP 'Looping' at Re-start following System Recovery (not restore)