host file wont work

Post by Jouni Jokelaine » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:46:17

Im playing around with host file trying to direct url to another location
using host file. I opened the hosts file from
%Systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc and added a ip address following the url
to where it should be redirected. Anyway it did nothing, url opens the
correct webpage as normally in IE, not the one i have typed in host file. I
tried ipconfig/flushdns command and cleared temp. internet files...nothing.
Pinging the name gives IP address typed in hostfile anyhow

host file wont work

Post by Jouni Jokelaine » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:25:02

My hosts file

#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
194.100.33.55 coz.ton.tut.fi #line tried to alter

Quote:> Im playing around with host file trying to direct url to another location
> using host file. I opened the hosts file from
> %Systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc and added a ip address following the url
> to where it should be redirected. Anyway it did nothing, url opens the
> correct webpage as normally in IE, not the one i have typed in host file.
> tried ipconfig/flushdns command and cleared temp. internet
files...nothing.
> Pinging the name gives IP address typed in hostfile anyhow

1. File Maker Pro on Windows NT: File wont open as host

I'm running File Maker Pro 2.1 on Windows NT 3.51 ... During the FMPRO setup
I specified NetBIOS using the built-in NetBEUI protocol.  I am also set as
multi user from the file menu.  Even though I am the first one to open a
file it is opened as a guest instead of a host.

I've tried setting up FMPRO specifing the IPX/SPX Protocol but when i do
that i dont have the multi-user option.. ie. it is dimmed.  And the file
is opened as neither a guest or host.  The readme file also mentions that
the only network support in this version of FileMaker Pro is NetBIOS.

So I know I am using the correct network protocol.  Why cant i open a file
as a host.

Please respond via email.. thank you

2. ! middle button of logitech mouseman doesn't work with nt?

3. RAS NT3.51 - Unable to Load

4. sp1 updated nec pci to usb host controller b1 wont work with my plextor px-s88tu

5. Creative Audigy "cannot install this hardwa the data is invalid"

6. Hosts.sam file and changing IP host addresses

7. sidewinder and updates

8. MVP Hosts file does not work with CookieCop2

9. Rename the HOSTS file "Works"

10. Hosts file not working

11. Dialup works but cant view files on host