Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax modem

Post by Alan Chudno » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:02:03

I recently bought a new P4 1.9GHz machine running XP Home and everything ran
beautifully.   It came with a Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax modem installed
which I had no reason to use until a few days ago when I tried to install
the resident Fax client.  I discovered that the Fax was defective and had
the store replace it.  The fax works fine but now my shutdown time has
increased from under 10 seconds to over a minute or more.  I've check the
Windows XP Catalogue which lists the Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax as "designed
for Windows XP".

Any solutions/suggestions out there as to how to keep my modem and restore
my shutdown time to a more normal interval?

Thanks in advance,
Alan Chudnow