XP "forgets" website passwords, log ons

Post by Dian » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 04:31:47

Even tho I have engaged "auto complete", whenever I check
the box for "remember this setting on this pc" ...XP does
not remember the info...any one else have this probl? any
ideas to fix? I have also heard that using "Gator" (a
remembering program) can cause problems w/IE...so I have
not added it. Thank you all for any input.

XP "forgets" website passwords, log ons

Post by Marl » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:32:52

I have the same problem. I just ignore it though since I
have bigger problems with XP, such as no peripherals work
with it at all. But if you find out the solution to this
little nusance problem, please let me know.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Even tho I have engaged "auto complete", whenever I
check
>the box for "remember this setting on this pc" ...XP
does
>not remember the info...any one else have this probl?
any
>ideas to fix? I have also heard that using "Gator" (a
>remembering program) can cause problems w/IE...so I have
>not added it. Thank you all for any input.
>.

1. Stored Names and Passwords "forgetting" passwords (XP Pro)

Hello everybody!

I am having a problem storing passwords using the Stored
Names and Passwords feature of Windows XP Pro.

I am trying to cache the login to MSN Messenger, and also
cache the login to my file server (running Samba),
\\192.168.0.1

I have tried both loggin in once and saving the password
for 192.168.0.1 and it's Netbios name, Proxy, and I have
also tried saving it through the Stord Names and
Passwords dialogue box. As soon as I log off the account
loses both the file-server and MSN passwords.

I have tried using the Knolwedge Database, and took some
advice from there (assinging a password to each user as
soon as their account is created. I have even re-
installed XP)

2. ORLANDO Users Group?????

3. XP "forgets" and "loses" parts of Microsoft Office 2000

4. help in client server

5. "IE55 sp2 Setup Log" no error, only "RunOnceEx Log" three errors

6. Tray Icon to Show When Someone is Online on Network

7. How can I make XP "forget" accidently remembered internet site passwords.

8. Identity Question

9. Same "image", ie6 "hangs" on some websites on some PC's.

10. Forgot "Ratings" Password

11. Same "image", ie6 "hangs" on some websites on some PC's.

12. Outlook express "forgets" passwords

13. "Remember My Password" forgets