Uninstalling TCP/IP

Post by C Henr » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:34:27

Maybe my TCP/IP is corrupt; I'd like to reinstall.  How do I do that.

Uninstalling TCP/IP

Post by Steve Winogra » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:09:42

>Maybe my TCP/IP is corrupt; I'd like to reinstall.  How do I do that.

You can't install or un-install TCP/IP in Windows XP.  Try this to get
it working again:

How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP (Q299357)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q299357
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP

for everyone to see.  I will not reply to E-mail or news group
messages addressed directly to me.

1. Uninstall TCP/IP completely from XP/.NET?

Is it possible to uninstall TCP/IP completely from a  .NET/XP machine?

I have managed to tank TCP/IP on a system pretty badly and would like to
remove it completely, then reinstall it (an attempt to repair the
installation didn't fix the issue).

Short of completely hacking the registry, and hoping that does something
(like removing the TCP service entries and do a repair over that), can you
even uninstall it anymore?  Seems to be so central to the product now that
it can't be removed.  On Windows 2K, you could remove it from an adapter,
which would remove it from the system, but in XP/.NET, the uninstall button
is greyed out for TCP/IP.

In practice on the hosed system, it's not a big deal.  But on a theoretical
level, I'm wondering if it will now be impossible to do so (maybe you'd have
to install some other Protocol for the button not to be greyed out?).

Anyone have any ideas on this?

jdn

2. The Sims

3. uninstalled TCP/IP, on reinstall get blue screen of death

4. testing account, please ignore

5. Win95 Unistalling completely uninstalling TCP/IP

6. P touch labeling print

7. Keep having to remove tcp/ip and then reboot and install tcp/ip

8. Unable to bypass routing

9. Win 95 TCP-IP and older DOS-based TCP-IP applications

10. changing tcp/ip property changes ALL tcp/ip properties

11. How do I find DNS names - Novell TCP/IP and Microsoft TCP/IP

12. Win95, ISDN TCP/IP and HP JetDirect TCP/IP Issue

13. Windows 95 TCP/IP vs. Novell LAN WP TCP/IP