xp screen saver and monitor power saver

Post by Greg » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 04:18:43

Has anyone noticed a problem with the XP screen saver you can download from
the XP site? The flowing flag saver? If I have it enabled then my monitor
won't turn at the time I have set in the power saver configuration. I kind
of like the power shut off due to the fact that I am using LCD monitors and
they tend to last longer if they aren't powered up all the time.

Thanks,
Greg

xp screen saver and monitor power saver

Post by Douglas Nea » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 04:50:43

One of the down-sides to the WinXP Plus! (and Flag) screensavers is that
they ignore power management.  Whether MS considers this a bug and fixes it
at some point or if it is something we're just going to have to live with is
unknown.

--

Quote:> Has anyone noticed a problem with the XP screen saver you can download
from
> the XP site? The flowing flag saver? If I have it enabled then my monitor
> won't turn at the time I have set in the power saver configuration. I kind
> of like the power shut off due to the fact that I am using LCD monitors
and
> they tend to last longer if they aren't powered up all the time.

> Thanks,
> Greg

xp screen saver and monitor power saver

Post by Greg » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 05:15:21

Thanks. Just making sure it wasn't my setup.

> One of the down-sides to the WinXP Plus! (and Flag) screensavers is that
> they ignore power management.  Whether MS considers this a bug and fixes
it
> at some point or if it is something we're just going to have to live with
is
> unknown.

> --

> > Has anyone noticed a problem with the XP screen saver you can download
> from
> > the XP site? The flowing flag saver? If I have it enabled then my
monitor
> > won't turn at the time I have set in the power saver configuration. I
kind
> > of like the power shut off due to the fact that I am using LCD monitors
> and
> > they tend to last longer if they aren't powered up all the time.

> > Thanks,
> > Greg

1. Screen Saver/Power Saver Problems

Hello,

I recently upgraded to XP from Me, and overall like it a lot.  However, I
cannot get the screen saver to come up, nor will the monitor go into
power-saver mode.

I'm using a Gateway with an AMD Athlon chip and a VX920 monitor, supposedly
energy-star compliant, whatever that means.

For a while, the system would "toggle" if it sat unused, going to the
regular display then into screen-saver mode every few minutes. Now it just
stays in the regular display, forcing me to manually turn off the monitor.

Thanks for any help!

Jim

2. IBM net trial???

3. Screen saver and power saver

4. Missing Help And Support Files

5. How do I add a screen saver to the screen saver menu in Windows XP?

6. Word 2002 and Excel 2002 "Recently Used File List"

7. xp screen saver and monitor power saving

8. instalation problems

9. How do I add a screen saver to the screen saver menu in Windows XP?

10. Announce: Luke's Screen Saver v1.01 - create a screen saver

11. Screen Saver & Monitor Power

12. Power Down Monitor via Screen Saver in NT4.0?