ANSWER to Why can't I save .jpg etc

Post by a2008 » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:18:35

Sick of Helpful people saying the answer is elseware.
Smart comments by those to large to get off the computer
chair.  Well he is the official answer/work around and it
worked for me.

Q.  Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their
original format in Microsoft Internet Explorer?

A.  Sometimes, if you right-click an image in Internet
Explorer and choose Save Picture As, the list of
available types in the Save As dialog box will not
contain .jpg, .gif, or .png. It will either contain
both .bmp and .art, or only .bmp. Here are two procedures
that may fix this problem.

To empty your Temporary Internet Files cache
In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click
Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Delete Files.
To turn off graphic compression in the AOL client
Go to Preferences in AOL.
Click Internet properties (or WWW in some versions).
Click Web Graphics.
Clear Never compress graphics (or Use compressed graphics
in some versions).

Age of computers, Customer service seems not to exist.
Who cares if the question has been asked 3 million times,
answer it in a kind manner then find a way to FIX the
problem in the first place.  Ohh.. sorry with a captive
audiance Microsoft doesn't need great Customer service
does it.  Maybe if they paid more people to reply who are
customer service orientated less people would be
fustrated. And thanks for all the people who do answer.

Post by Sharon » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:18:24

> Sick of Helpful people saying the answer is elseware.
> Smart comments by those to large to get off the computer
> chair.  Well he is the official answer/work around and it
> worked for me.

> Q.  Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their
> original format in Microsoft Internet Explorer?

> A.  Sometimes, if you right-click an image in Internet
> Explorer and choose Save Picture As, the list of
> available types in the Save As dialog box will not
> contain .jpg, .gif, or .png. It will either contain
> both .bmp and .art, or only .bmp. Here are two procedures
> that may fix this problem.

> To empty your Temporary Internet Files cache
> In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click
> Internet Options.
> On the General tab, click Delete Files.
> To turn off graphic compression in the AOL client
> Go to Preferences in AOL.
> Click Internet properties (or WWW in some versions).
> Click Web Graphics.
> Clear Never compress graphics (or Use compressed graphics
> in some versions).

> Age of computers, Customer service seems not to exist.
> Who cares if the question has been asked 3 million times,
> answer it in a kind manner then find a way to FIX the
> problem in the first place.  Ohh.. sorry with a captive
> audiance Microsoft doesn't need great Customer service
> does it.  Maybe if they paid more people to reply who are
> customer service orientated less people would be
> fustrated. And thanks for all the people who do answer.

Alex Nichol has explained the reason of why this happens several times.
Perhaps you missed it? Bottom line: The cache for temporary internet files
is set too large. Reduce the allowed size. Try something around the range of
40-50MB. That should handle most browsing needs unless you view a lot of
online movies or listen to internet supplied music. Bump up gradually if you
need more room.

--
Sharon F
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User

ANSWER to Why can't I save .jpg etc

Post by Yves Alari » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:34:46

How did you find the answer?

Quote:> Sick of Helpful people saying the answer is elseware.

Post by Carly Moor » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 14:52:34

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Sick of Helpful people saying the answer is elseware.
>Smart comments by those to large to get off the computer
>chair.  Well he is the official answer/work around and
it
>worked for me.

>Q.  Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their
>original format in Microsoft Internet Explorer?

>A.  Sometimes, if you right-click an image in Internet
>Explorer and choose Save Picture As, the list of
>available types in the Save As dialog box will not
>contain .jpg, .gif, or .png. It will either contain
>both .bmp and .art, or only .bmp. Here are two
procedures
>that may fix this problem.

>To empty your Temporary Internet Files cache
>In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click
>Internet Options.
>On the General tab, click Delete Files.
>To turn off graphic compression in the AOL client
>Go to Preferences in AOL.
>Click Internet properties (or WWW in some versions).
>Click Web Graphics.
>Clear Never compress graphics (or Use compressed
graphics
>in some versions).

>Age of computers, Customer service seems not to exist.
>Who cares if the question has been asked 3 million
times,
>answer it in a kind manner then find a way to FIX the
>problem in the first place.  Ohh.. sorry with a captive
>audiance Microsoft doesn't need great Customer service
>does it.  Maybe if they paid more people to reply who
are
>customer service orientated less people would be
>fustrated. And thanks for all the people who do answer.

>.
>Right on! In fact the above is true for a lot of

companies these days.
Instead of working on your customer service, how about
just inventing a product that doesn't immediately need
patches, fixes, and continual upgrades just to keep it
working. If you guys release your products before they
are ready the least you can do is answer questions and
provide help for all of us who, more often than not, just
feel like throwing the computer out the "Window"