Tooltips appearing behind taskbar

Post by Mr. X » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 04:35:52

Q.  "There is a strange problem here. Out of nowhere suddenly the
tooltips appear behind the taskbar (screenshot attached) and a restart seems
to fix the problem. Can anyone tell me why this happens and is there a fix
for it ?"

A.  This is known issue with Windows XP and no fix is available as of this date.

Post by Sharon » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 07:32:49

> Hi All,
>         There is a strange problem here. Out of nowhere suddenly the
> tooltips appear behind the taskbar (screenshot attached) and a
> restart seems to fix the problem. Can anyone tell me why this happens
> and is there a fix for it ?

> Thanx a lot

This is a feature added to XP as a compromise between turning off tooltips
entirely and having them eternally in the way. Seriously, it's an annoying
bug that shows up on some systems to varying degrees (some times vs all of
the time). Logging off/ logging on will usually cause them to display
properly again.
--
Sharon F
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User

Tooltips appearing behind taskbar

Post by Anand » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 02:36:26

thanx everybody for enlightening me!!!!

--

All the Best
Anando

> > Hi All,
> >         There is a strange problem here. Out of nowhere suddenly the
> > tooltips appear behind the taskbar (screenshot attached) and a
> > restart seems to fix the problem. Can anyone tell me why this happens
> > and is there a fix for it ?

> > Thanx a lot

> This is a feature added to XP as a compromise between turning off tooltips
> entirely and having them eternally in the way. Seriously, it's an annoying
> bug that shows up on some systems to varying degrees (some times vs all of
> the time). Logging off/ logging on will usually cause them to display
> properly again.
> --
> Sharon F
> Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User