transparent desktop icons

Post by jorda » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:22:18

I cannot seem to get the desktop icons on my computer
(running winxp pro) to appear as transparent.  They were
transparent when I first loaded the operating system, but
after customizing it in a classic mode, I can't seem to
locate the option to "make desktop icons transparent."
In the Microsoft knowledgebase, it mentioned something
about troubles with this issue if the user was
running "ActiveDesktop."  However, I'm not sure what that
is nor how to disable it if I am running it.  Any help?

transparent desktop icons

Post by tokyosk » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:46:41

jordan wrote

Quote:> I cannot seem to get the desktop icons on my computer
> (running winxp pro) to appear as transparent.  They were
> transparent when I first loaded the operating system, but
> after customizing it in a classic mode, I can't seem to
> locate the option to "make desktop icons transparent."
> In the Microsoft knowledgebase, it mentioned something
> about troubles with this issue if the user was
> running "ActiveDesktop."  However, I'm not sure what that
> is nor how to disable it if I am running it.  Any help?

When coming to a news group for the first time try searching it as in
your case the question has been asked and answered many times already.

Right-click on your Desktop and select "Arrange Icons By" and uncheck
"Lock web items on the desktop".  Then right-click on My Computer and
select Properties > Advanced > Performance Settings > Visual Effects and
place a checkmark next to "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the
desktop, then click apply.

--
Tokyosky  ------------------------------------
"If you're going through hell, keep going"

1. transparent desktop icon name background restoration

When I first ran my Windows XP PC it had transparent icon titles on the
desktop.  Now I can't seem to get that effect back.  I have modified and
installed several desktop themes on my user's desktop. There is still one
out of five users with the clear icon names.  I think there is a setting for
transparent icon dropdowns or something???  I can't find anything that won't
just change the color.  Any help would be appreciated.  D

2. autoexec.bat guru needed

3. Transparent Desktop Icons

4. Word Tool Bars

5. Transparent desktop icon text, without shadow in Win XP???

6. can't get view source window to open anymore

7. Desktop Icons - Transparent Background

8. Repost: IE6 refresh problem

9. How to make desktop icons transparent?

10. Desktop Icons not transparent

11. Desktop Icons (making transparent)

12. Make desktop Icon Text Box Transparent??

13. Transparent icon caption on desktop