Auto update installs wrong version of driver

Auto update installs wrong version of driver

Post by Tommy Jone » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 04:42:20

Hi,

I have a AMD 500 computer and a Intel 233 MX computer both running XP Pro.
Each computer is equipped with a LNE!00TX 4.1 (Version 4)adapter
(0046WDAHK15835.1).

I recently downloaded a Microsoft recommended XP Linksys LNE100TX update,
which installed on the AMD computer's LNE!00TX 4.1 adapter as a LNE100TX
Version 5. The download would not install on the Intel computer leaving the
adapter at Version 4.

I reinstalled the LNE100TX version 4 diver from the Linksys download site on
the AMD computer. However the install left the LNE100TX version 5 Packet
Scheduler Minport that won't uninstall.

How do I uninstall V5 Packet Scheduler Minport?

Why will one LNE100TX 4.1 Card accept the V5 driver and the other LNE100TX
4.1 card won't?

Thank you,
Tommy Jones
TommyJones.Tommy-Jones.Port-Orange.FL.US

1. auto update instals wrong updated drivers fx5200

I have a nivida graphics card when I do a windows update
It detects that I need the latest update however if I
install the update the controal panel for the graphics
card does not function also I get several erros and
warnings in the event log I downloaded the latest drivers
from the nivida site and found they were ok with no
problem I have informed microsoft about this problem and
give them the full ditales several weeks a go but the
problem has not being resolved by microsoft

2. WAV and MP3 files have no sound

3. Windows Update: Wrong Driver versions

4. Windows Explorer question

5. Automatic Update Installs Wrong Driver

6. NFS clients for Win'95

7. Windows Update installed wrong sound driver

8. XP - annoying & incorrect startup msg

9. How to stop drivers being auto-installed from Windows Update?

10. Is it possible to auto install drivers without using windows update?

11. Cannot install "Microsoft Processor Driver Version 5.1.2600.28 update"

12. Wrong USB Driver installed and keeps on installing

13. Auto Update continues to d/l installed update