CDRW & DVD drives do not work?!

Post by Curt » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:43:02

Both my CDRW and DVD ROM drives do not work.  I believe
that I have more than likely un-installed some drivers or
interfaces that I needed to read from these drives...
How do troubleshoot and get the correct drivers &
interfaces back??!

Thanks!!!

CDRW & DVD drives do not work?!

Post by Terr » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:08:40

Here you go, go "START">RIGHT CLICK "MY
COMPUTER">"MANAGE">"DEVICE MANAGER">"DVD/CD ROM DRIVES".
Now all you have to do is double click on the dvd or cd
rom device you want to update the driver on, click on
the "DRIVER" tab, then "UPDATE DRIVER".  This should
update the driver.  If that does not work, instead of
double clicking on the cd rom or dvd device you want to
update, right click on it, delete the device, and
restart.  Hope this helps.

Terry
CIS student

*******Feel free to email me and let me know if this
fixed your issues, I am a CIS student**************

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Both my CDRW and DVD ROM drives do not work.  I believe
>that I have more than likely un-installed some drivers
or
>interfaces that I needed to read from these drives...
>How do troubleshoot and get the correct drivers &
>interfaces back??!

>Thanks!!!
>.

CDRW & DVD drives do not work?!

Post by Curt » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:36:17

This did NOT work.  It looks for an updated driver on CD
1st (obviously can't do that...).  It tells me my drivers
are good?!  I tried to uninstall one yesterday, and it
made no difference.  It all started when I tried to add a
PCI USB hub yesterday...  The hub was recognized, but
then I could not load the driver for it.  I unistalled
the hub and tried to the CD drives again and they were
dead...  Any more ideas?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Here you go, go "START">RIGHT CLICK "MY
>COMPUTER">"MANAGE">"DEVICE MANAGER">"DVD/CD ROM
DRIVES".
>Now all you have to do is double click on the dvd or cd
>rom device you want to update the driver on, click on
>the "DRIVER" tab, then "UPDATE DRIVER".  This should
>update the driver.  If that does not work, instead of
>double clicking on the cd rom or dvd device you want to
>update, right click on it, delete the device, and
>restart.  Hope this helps.

>Terry
>CIS student

>*******Feel free to email me and let me know if this
>fixed your issues, I am a CIS student**************

CDRW & DVD drives do not work?!

Post by Arutnev2 » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:51:15

Did you check to see if there was an I/O address, IRQ
conflict, etc. in Device Manager?   Try uninstalling the
USB hub & the CD devices, reboot.  Then install the hub
first (reboot), then the CD.  I assume you are plugging
the CD drive into the hub externally??? just a guess. It's
also possible that you have a bad hub.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>This did NOT work.  It looks for an updated driver on CD
>1st (obviously can't do that...).  It tells me my drivers
>are good?!  I tried to uninstall one yesterday, and it
>made no difference.  It all started when I tried to add a
>PCI USB hub yesterday...  The hub was recognized, but
>then I could not load the driver for it.  I unistalled
>the hub and tried to the CD drives again and they were
>dead...  Any more ideas?

CDRW & DVD drives do not work?!

Post by Arutnev2 » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:52:15

PS ... Did you update your BIOS settings to accept all the
changes ??
Quote:>-----Original Message-----