CD drive doesn't recognize CDRW in CD Burning Wizard

CD drive doesn't recognize CDRW in CD Burning Wizard

Post by Christin » Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:10:44

I've been trying to copy some picture files to CD, but
when the CD burning wizard runs its says ther is no disc
in the drive.  I've used the same brand of CD-RW in the
past with no problem, and I've even tried 3 different
CD's to make sure I didn't just have a bad one.  The
drive will recognize other CD-RW's that have already been
burned without any problem, I just can't burn a new one.
Any suggestions???

CD drive doesn't recognize CDRW in CD Burning Wizard

Post by Christin » Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:11:11

Hi,

I posted the same problem about a week ago.  According to
an MCSE I know, there's a problem with the BIOS that
controls the CD writer, which is why the Wizard won't
recognize a CD in the drive.  I'm going to try to flash
the BIOS - I'll let you know if it works.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----