Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP

Post by Egor » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:28:30

Just downloaded subj...
What's going on?
Plus! MP3 Audio Converter LE can't create wma using bitrates more than 96Kb
despite of the source MP3s are already 160Kb.
Windows Media Player Skin Importer converts skins from WinAmp quite good,
but playlist skin looks bad - right middle bitmap is missing. Due to this
I've made it manually (inserted missing bitmap and corrected winamp.wms
file). Some buttons in playlist are not working too.

In other words bad work.
While I've not tested another features of bonuspack. Not sure it worth for
it.

Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP

Post by Lee Li » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:12:57

Hi EgorZ,

The LE version only allows 2 bitrates, 64kpbs and 96kbps.  The full version
in the Plus! pack offers many more choices.  However, bare in mind that WMA
uses a different compression scheme and in reality, it's almost 50% the size
with approximately the same quality compared to MP3s.  So, 96kbps WMA sounds
about the same as 192kbps in MP3.

--
Lee Liu
Microsoft Associate Expert

Quote:> Just downloaded subj...
> What's going on?
> Plus! MP3 Audio Converter LE can't create wma using bitrates more than
96Kb
> despite of the source MP3s are already 160Kb.
> Windows Media Player Skin Importer converts skins from WinAmp quite good,
> but playlist skin looks bad - right middle bitmap is missing. Due to this
> I've made it manually (inserted missing bitmap and corrected winamp.wms
> file). Some buttons in playlist are not working too.

> In other words bad work.
> While I've not tested another features of bonuspack. Not sure it worth for
> it.

Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP

Post by Egor » Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:38:09

Means to me it is not necessary to trust to my own ears?

I hear absolutely another sound in WinAmp using 160Kb bitrate MP3 comparing to converted in WMA using bitrate 96Kb - more than half sounds are missing!!!

Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP

Post by Herb M » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 04:47:44

MP3's blow the quality of WMA's away.  Totally.  Period ->.  A 128Kb MP3
kills a WMA at it's highest.  Just burn an audio CD with each and you'll
notice the difference big time.

--
----
Herb M. (mdfmKoRn)

1. Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP and Windows Media Player 9

Anyone the compatibility of Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP with
Windows Media Player 9, (WMP9)?  I currently have WMP9 installed with a
number of purchased add-ons and would like to install some of the things in
the Bonus Pack.  Since WMP9 came out after the Bonus Pack, I am concerned
about compatibility.

2. Win2k Screensaver

3. Windows media bonus pack for windows xp

4. CANNOT USE OUTLOOK EXPRESS

5. Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP by Microsoft

6. Where is QPV - There!

7. Windows Media Bonus Pack For Windows XP

8. Windows media player is not configured for the internet error message

9. WIndows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP

10. Windows Media Player Bonus Pack For XP

11. Windows Media Bonus Pack: convert mp3 to wma on xp desktops

12. Has anyone downloaded Windows Media Bonus Pack XP yet?

13. Windows Media Bonus Pack for WIN XP ERROR