Disabling "Choose User Account" on start up.

Disabling "Choose User Account" on start up.

Post by Tom To » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 16:07:35

It'd be convenient if I can just login as my usual account rather than
clicking on my account name every time I start up Windows XP. I look for a
setting to choose an account name and login, but coulnd't find it.

If you know how to do it, could you drop your line?

Thank you.

Disabling "Choose User Account" on start up.

Post by Agustin E. Bec » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 16:27:40

Start>Run
"control userpasswords2"

Uncheck "Users must enter a password to logon."
Enter the username you would like to go in automatically, and verify the
password.

Good luck.

--

_____________
Agustin E. Beci

Quote:> It'd be convenient if I can just login as my usual account rather than
> clicking on my account name every time I start up Windows XP. I look for a
> setting to choose an account name and login, but coulnd't find it.

> If you know how to do it, could you drop your line?

> Thank you.

Disabling "Choose User Account" on start up.

Post by GSV Three Minds in a Ca » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 22:06:11

Quote:>Start>Run
>"control userpasswords2"

>Uncheck "Users must enter a password to logon."
>Enter the username you would like to go in automatically, and verify the
>password.

or download tweakUI from the MS powertoys download site - this can do
automatic logon, and a whole raft of other useful things as well.

--
GSV   Three Minds in a Can

Disabling "Choose User Account" on start up.

Post by Tom To » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:40:39

The solution worked!. Thank you.

> >Start>Run
> >"control userpasswords2"

> >Uncheck "Users must enter a password to logon."
> >Enter the username you would like to go in automatically, and verify the
> >password.

> or download tweakUI from the MS powertoys download site - this can do
> automatic logon, and a whole raft of other useful things as well.

> --
> GSV   Three Minds in a Can
> Outgoing Msgs are Turing Tested,and indistinguishable from human typing.

1. Missing "User Accounts" And "Search Companion" Options

Upgraded to XP Home from ME on my son's computer and when
I open the "User Accounts" or "Search Companion" window
there are no options displayed????  Checked with the
knowledge base and for example there is no "All files and
folders" option on Search Companion and in User Accounts
there is no "Pick a task" option.

?????
.

2. Windows 3.xx - win95 palette?

3. Missing "User Accounts" and "Search Companion"

4. What is Perl?

5. disable media player from "limited" users accounts for XP Home edition

6. canon elura 2mc and XP -- can't play/record/preview

7. User Account "Disabled" every day?

8. Dialog variable update problem

9. Can't Choose "Agree" or "Disagree"

10. Setting the default view in the"Choose File" "Open File" window

11. "Run"," Search" and" Help and Support" on the Start Menu

12. "Run"," Search" and" Help and Suport" (Start Menu)