Missing or invalide ActiveX/COM SubKey Entry

Missing or invalide ActiveX/COM SubKey Entry

Post by Joe Sabe » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:34:03

Windoctor of my Norton System always shows problems with
the regestry.  The below is what needs to be fixed all
the time.  Is this a windows thing or is it something
incompatable betweeen Norton and Windows XP????

The ActiveX/COM of your Windows Registry contains one or
more invalid enteries.  This can cause documents to open
improperly, applications not to run or your computer to
crash.

Missing or invalide ActiveX/COM SubKey Entry
The key."CLSID\(60458574-073C-437d-8F85-B28F66199709)."
refers to an invalid application identifier "(74E4A5BA-
3E8FDFA-AABB-376082E56026)."

Missing or invalide ActiveX/COM SubKey Entry

Post by Nichola » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:49:26

Norton's WinDoctor is not 100% accurate.  It scans your system and looks
for files in predefined locations.  If a particular file is not found in precisely
the location WinDoctor expects it to be in, it reports this as an error.

If your computer system is running fine, and WinDoctor is reporting errors,
chances are WinDoctor is misreporting.  That's why I now use System Mechanic
(www.iolo.com) rather than Norton SystemWorks.

--
Nicholas

| Windoctor of my Norton System always shows problems with
| the regestry.  The below is what needs to be fixed all
| the time.  Is this a windows thing or is it something
| incompatable betweeen Norton and Windows XP????
|
| The ActiveX/COM of your Windows Registry contains one or
| more invalid enteries.  This can cause documents to open
| improperly, applications not to run or your computer to
| crash.
|
| Missing or invalide ActiveX/COM SubKey Entry
| The key."CLSID\(60458574-073C-437d-8F85-B28F66199709)."
| refers to an invalid application identifier "(74E4A5BA-
| 3E8FDFA-AABB-376082E56026)."

1. activeX/com subkey sections

I just did my routine Norton systemworks check up and it's telling me there
are problems with activeX/com subkey sections though it doesn't tell me
precisely what the problem is and it also fails to find a solution. I
haven't noticed any problems myself. What should I do?

2. XP Pro SP1 - now slow boot - troubleshooting tips

3. Invalid ActiveX/com entry in my registry

4. urgent help inquiry

5. Invalid ActiveX/COM Entries

6. Windows 3.11 problem

7. Invalid activex/com entries

8. Netscape 2.0 News - Wildcard

9. Cause?: "Invalid ActiveX/COM Entries"

10. Invalid activeX/com entries

11. Missing ir Invalid Active X/Com entry

12. ONLINE Training for C++, MFC, COM, ATL, DCOM, ActiveX, 32 Windows, ODBC, Java

13. Invalid ActiveX/COM reported by WinDoctor