Stupid baloon "help" won't go away

Post by Konrad Den End » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:16:10

I have run TweakUI and set the baloon help to
unchecked. After i press apply this so called
"help" disapears only to return after a short
while of absence. What do i do wrong?

--

V?nligen
Konrad

-----------------------------------

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
            as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
                 enough sence to be lazy

Stupid baloon "help" won't go away

Post by Kell » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:48:18

Hi Konrad,

Where is this "Help" balloon stemming from exactly?

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

> I have run TweakUI and set the baloon help to
> unchecked. After i press apply this so called
> "help" disapears only to return after a short
> while of absence. What do i do wrong?

> --

> V?nligen
> Konrad
> phone #1:  (+46/0) 708 - 70 73 92
> phone #2: (+46/0) 704 - 79 96 95
> url: http://konrads.webbsida.com

> -----------------------------------

> Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
>             as a substitute for coffee

> Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
>                  enough sence to be lazy

1. HELP!!- trouble with netscape and "transferring data" msg that won't go away

i run netscape 1.1 (cause i can't get navgold to work) on a 486sx33/8M RAM
notebook.

my problem is that on trying to connect to many sites i get a
"transferring data" msg (after "host contacted: waiting for reply") that
then does nothing

i wait up to an hour, but never get thru to the page

moreover, when this happens, my cursor changes to the hourglass (as usual)
but if i move it away from the link text, it changes back to the normal
pointer and i can "click" on a link again (normally impossible, right?)

i've spoken to support at my server, but they don't know

i do not get this problem when i'm on other computers, even thru the same
server (ie. i can connect to these sites)

does anyone have a clue or suggestions

they'd be much appreciated

regards

Mark Schramm

2. BT Broadband

3. "new programs installed" won't go away!!!!

4. Unable to View Source on Internet Explorer

5. "STOP" won't go away from desktop

6. Trust relations

7. "files to be copied to cd" message won't go away

8. Help with "ac3(0x2000)

9. XP "New Hardware (Printer) Found" Won't Go Away

10. "files to be copied message" won't go away

11. Desktop "folder" panel won't go away

12. Ghost "blob" stays on screen & won't go away

13. How do I make 'Insert your "Epson Perfection 636" CD' go away?