Changing the Theme of the Logon (NOT welcome screen/non welcome screen!)

Changing the Theme of the Logon (NOT welcome screen/non welcome screen!)

Post by Sebastian Youn » Sat, 25 May 2002 07:17:38

Just making is clear in my subject that I am not one of those people asking
to get rid of the welcome screen!

Basically, I love XP, but not the look. I have changed the administrator
account to Windows Classic style, but the logon screen (Windows 2000 style)
reverts back to the XP theme.

Is there any way to change this?

Many thanks,
Sebastian

Changing the Theme of the Logon (NOT welcome screen/non welcome screen!)

Post by David A. Spice » Sat, 25 May 2002 22:37:48

User Accounts - Change the Way Users Log On and Off - Uncheck Welcome Screen

--
David A. Spicer
http://dhs.has.it

Quote:> Just making is clear in my subject that I am not one of those people
asking
> to get rid of the welcome screen!

> Basically, I love XP, but not the look. I have changed the administrator
> account to Windows Classic style, but the logon screen (Windows 2000
style)
> reverts back to the XP theme.

> Is there any way to change this?

> Many thanks,
> Sebastian

1. how to used the welcome screen instead of the logon screen ?

Hi,

I've a computer at hiome with XP Pro.
I connect this computer to my office via a VPN tunnel.
to simplify my access and the management, I've added this computer to my
office NT domain. (to resolve some security issue during my dev.)

But this action changes the logon screen of XP from the welcome to the
ctrl-alt-delete view.

So...
How to restore the welcome screen? (without disabling my domain
connectivity)

thanks.

Jerome.

2. Running a mini-server under XP... Anything special I need to do?

3. Changing the welcome screen screen saver

4. Repeated loss of Custom Folder View

5. Welcome Screen outstays its welcome / Explorer.exe goes wild

6. IIS discussion group cgi

7. Welcome/Logon Screen Will not open

8. file/folder attributes

9. Welcome Screen - Change way users log on and off not working..any ideas?

10. How can I Change the Login Background when not using the welcome screen

11. Themes and Welcome Screen

12. New mail message in welcome screen for non-existant .net passport hotmail account

13. Logon & Welcome Screen