Multiple users, multiple hosts

Post by Sam » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:57:05

Here's a new one....  I need to set up a laptop running
Windows XP to serve as a backup for several home radiology
reading stations.  Each home machine connects to our
hospital system via ISDN router.  Since some of my
colleagues are not as savvy as I am (lol), I would like to
find a way to give them personal accounts/names on the
backup laptop which upon log in would configure the laptop
to the proper IP address, gateway, and host name for their
station.  Is this possible??????  Thanks!

Multiple users, multiple hosts

Post by David Jone » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:51:18

Not easily.  You could write logon scripts for each user,
perhaps with variables based on the logon name to
configure TCP/IP properties via netsh or WMI, but that's
about it.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Here's a new one....  I need to set up a laptop running
>Windows XP to serve as a backup for several home
radiology
>reading stations.  Each home machine connects to our
>hospital system via ISDN router.  Since some of my
>colleagues are not as savvy as I am (lol), I would like
>find a way to give them personal accounts/names on the
>backup laptop which upon log in would configure the
laptop
>to the proper IP address, gateway, and host name for
their
>station.  Is this possible??????  Thanks!
>.

Multiple users, multiple hosts

Post by Bill Sanderso » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:02:23

The thought I had on this one was netswitcher (www.netswitcher.com) but I
haven't used it myself, so I am not sure enough about how it functions to
know whether it will cover the stuff that needs changing.

Quote:> Not easily.  You could write logon scripts for each user,
> perhaps with variables based on the logon name to
> configure TCP/IP properties via netsh or WMI, but that's
> about it.

1. New article on OE multiple addresses, multiple Identities and multiple User Accounts

Here is my latest article for the IE Community website. It's one of those
articles I've been meaning to write for the last 5 years or so. :-)

A Multitude of Multiples: Using Outlook Express with Multiple E-mail Addresses,
Multiple Accounts, and Multiple Identities
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/identity.mspx

--
Tom Koch, MVP for IE/Outlook Express
http://www.insideOE.com/

2. Won't start up - Missing File

3. Can I get multiple inbox's for multiple users

4. How to DownLoad Windows CE Services 2.1

5. Multiple users and multiple Outlook accounts

6. Windows '95

7. Windows XP, Multiple User Accounts, Multiple NIC, managing routes on startup

8. Turbovbf and can't install of MP

9. one program autostart - multiple users, multiple starts...

10. Multiple Users/Multiple Languages?

11. Multiple Address Books for Multiple Users in XP

12. setting up netscape communicator with multiple users on multiple machines