Files still on hard drive from removed programs

Files still on hard drive from removed programs

Post by Dan Weise » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:36:15

I removed my Norton Internet Security and Antivirus when
I upgraded to XP.  I've since loaded McAfee Antivirus.
Some Norton files still exist on my hard drive.  Is it
safe to search for Norton or Symantec files and simply
delete them?

Files still on hard drive from removed programs

Post by digitalexpl » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:20:47

Yes
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I removed my Norton Internet Security and Antivirus when
>I upgraded to XP.  I've since loaded McAfee Antivirus.
>Some Norton files still exist on my hard drive.  Is it
>safe to search for Norton or Symantec files and simply
>delete them?
>.

1. Installed Audigy - Hard Drives Disappeared - Removed Audigy - Hard Drives Appeared

Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays,

I have a Athlon XP 1900+
ASUS A7M266 DDR - Running BIOS 1005 (most current)
GForce 2 Ultra DDR
768MB Ram
Intel Inbusiness 10/100 NIC
15GB master (Western Digital)
40GB slave (Western Digital)
Toshiba DVD drive
TDK VeloCD CDRW 24/10/40

Audigy 5.1 Platinum EX
(Soundblaster Live Value) which is back in there now!!!

So tonite I thought I'd try to install my Audigy 5.1 Platinum EX (didnt put
the live drive in)
What a mistake.  I installed the Win 2K drivers off the disk, then I updated
to XP from the SB site, and it worked for about 20 min.
I turned off the machine and when I rebooted, my hard drives were gone,
POOF, like magic!  I paniced for an hour or 2, then I ripped out the card, I
put my SB Live Value back in and all is well again.  I just dont get it, I
guess I will sit this one on the shelf until the good drivers come out, if
they ever do!

I dont want to load my ghost image, but my boot up is taking alot longer at
the welcome screen now (about 30 seconds, and it used to be almost
instantaneously (sp?).  I deleted all the audigy drivers, went into the
registry, I think i got everything, but I'm still not where I was before I
installed those damn drivers.

Anyone know a trick or two to make sure all the drivers are really gone?
Anyone else with this problem?

Regards,
Pete

But Charlie . . . don't forget what happened to the man who
suddenly got everything he always wanted.
CHARLIE: What happened?
WONKA: He lived happily ever after

2. Baud Rate

3. Two Hard Drive issuses...multi boot and removing a hard drive...

4. Printing problems using Windows XP and HP 940c

5. Installed Audigy - Hard Drives Disappeared - Removed Audigy - Hard Drives Appeared

6. CanoScan 620 USB and SB 16 - No Sound!

7. o hard drive o hard drive where art thou hard drive?

8. Digital ID name cannot be found

9. Removing Programs Files from ADD/ Remove Programs

10. removing a programme from hard drive

11. How to remove the programs that cannot be removed by "add/remove program" options

12. transfering files from one hard drive to another hard drives

13. Hard Drive to Hard Drive File Transfer Question