XP Problem - STOP: c000021 {bad image checksum}

XP Problem - STOP: c000021 {bad image checksum}

Post by Wayn » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 02:35:37

I'm on my second computer now writing this, anyway...

My main comp went into "hibernate feature that win xp has" and as soon as i
turned the computer back on for windows to resume. I then opened a program
and I get a comdlg32.dll error, then I tried another program and the same
error, and so on...

Fast forward a bit, I reboot to see if it solves anything. As it reboots,
right after the part where Win XP has the scrolling progress bars, I get a
blue screen error that says

  Quote:
  STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}
  The image comdlg32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not
match the computed checksum

Can anyone help? Before I have to format & reinstall *sighs*
Sucks because I finally got XP to install on my main comp after 10+ grueling
hours the day before yesterday and now I have to do it again =\

XP Problem - STOP: c000021 {bad image checksum}

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:39:22

Start the operating system from the CD-ROM, run Setup, and then choose to repair

the previous installation. (skip the "Recovery Console" and "ASR" prompts)

This feature detects the old install when you start setup of the same version,and offers

the "Repair" ("Press '1' for.... " on the second screen, after pressing ENTER for setup )

You have to re-activate Windows when the repair process is finished.

You can also back up and save the Wpa.dbl file after successful activation and then manually

restore it after the repair process is finished and after you log on to the computer.

--

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

..

> I'm on my second computer now writing this, anyway...

> My main comp went into "hibernate feature that win xp has" and as soon as i
> turned the computer back on for windows to resume. I then opened a program
> and I get a comdlg32.dll error, then I tried another program and the same
> error, and so on...

> Fast forward a bit, I reboot to see if it solves anything. As it reboots,
> right after the part where Win XP has the scrolling progress bars, I get a
> blue screen error that says

>   Quote:
> --
>   STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}
>   The image comdlg32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not
> match the computed checksum
> --

> Can anyone help? Before I have to format & reinstall *sighs*
> Sucks because I finally got XP to install on my main comp after 10+ grueling
> hours the day before yesterday and now I have to do it again =\

1. WinXP PC won't boot: Error Stop: c0000221 Bad Image Checksum...

Hello, After removing software for my Creative Labs sound
card and then removing the sound card from the PC I can
NO longer boot up WinXP. Each time I reboot I get this
same error: Stop: c0000221 [Bad Image Checksum] The image
olesvr32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum
does not match the computed checksum. I can boot from the
WinXP Professional CD-Rom, but don't know what to do when
presented to setup WinXP or to repair WinXP because the
repair appears to be for installation. Can anyone help me
and help me fast? Of course the PC that is down is my
MAIN PC with all my current data on it. Thanks Kim

2. WOW the picture looks really bad

3. Stop Error: C0000221 Bad Image Checksum

4. URL Server problem

5. STOP: C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} ?

6. Loads programs in MEM?

7. NT4 STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}

8. XP pro & MS Internet keyboard

9. bad image checksum

10. Bad image checksum

11. Bad Image Checksum, any ideas?