Changed Domains Can't Logon

Post by budd » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:55:33

I changed my domain and now I can't get passed password logon! How can I
revert back to the the domain if I can't get in. I've tried the F8 and other
modes, but I'm stuck!!

Any easy workaround? I have admin rights

Jerry

Changed Domains Can't Logon

Post by Bruce Chamber » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 04:48:54

Greetings --

    Physically reconnect to the domain network, log into the PC with
the local Administrator's account, and use an account with domain
admin privileges to add the workstation back into the domain.

    Alternatively, log into the PC with the local Administrator's
account and create a local account for your use.

    Dare I ask why you think you have admin rights if you don't even
know how to log in or that removing a PC from a domain would render
any domain accounts invalid?

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH

Quote:

> I changed my domain and now I can't get passed password logon! How
> can I
> revert back to the the domain if I can't get in. I've tried the F8
> and other
> modes, but I'm stuck!!

> Any easy workaround? I have admin rights

> Jerry

Changed Domains Can't Logon

Post by budd » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:19:32

I just received a new laptop that my IT staff setup. I have 1  domain & 1
workgroup that I work in at home. My existing laptop had no problem with
this.

What I did may have been the wrong change, but it's what I did the last
time. I  have a domain at work and a peer to peer workgroup at home. I was
attempting to log onto my home workgroup. When I made the change it asks me
for my password which doesn't let me log on. Now I can't even get past the
XP logon screen to change it back and the domain is at my office.
Yes you can ask and yes I may not be an IT pro, but I hadn't run into this
problem and was asking for a little help. I thought this was a place where
there were no stupid questions.