can't find cd on my computer

Post by Holly Thoma » Wed, 14 May 2003 20:16:19

I can't find my cd or cd writer on my computer.  I put a
cd in but I can't play it.  I have to take my GRE in
three hours and I need to see this cd right away!!!

can't find cd on my computer

Post by Rick Wes » Wed, 14 May 2003 21:22:26

I can't find my cd or cd writer on my computer.  I put a
cd in but I can't play it.  I have to take my GRE in
three hours and I need to see this cd right away!!!

Hi Holly...what happens when you
go to Start - Run - (type) D:
or My Computer - (type) D: in the Address Bar
try E: or whatever letter you remember being assigned to
the drive.

Rick West

1. Find Computer finds computer, but Network Neighborhood doesn't

Hi all,

My Network Neighborhood often displays all compters in my LAN correctly
(3x W98, 1x Linux) but every now and then looses sight of some or all
computers , while Find Computer in most cases is able to retrieve. The
problem occured under W95 and reappeared after a fresh W98 installation.
Sometimes I get Network Inaccessible errors. Could this be a hardware
problem?

cross posting: comp.os.linux.networking and
comp.os.ms-windows.networking

Thanks for any suggestions,

Peter Bootsma

2. computer rebuild and XP?

3. 'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

4. FiFa2001crashes after every game

5. Computer won't find networked computers

6. internet dial up

7. Can't Play XP Burned CD's in a non-computer CD Drives

8. HELP!!!! a WFW workstation can't find the NT domain

9. Computer won't find all networked computers

10. Adaptec Easy CD Creator Deluxe Plugin says "No CD-Burner found on this computer"

11. Found New Hardware Wizard can't find CD driver

12. My computer can't read any CD's ONLY DVD's

13. CD rippers can't find my CD-ROM drives