Date popup from taskbar clock behind taskbar

Post by hupjac » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:06:52

The title pretty much says it all.  The date sometimes pops up behind the
taskbar or perhaps other times concealed by other windows (I think)..

After experiencing this, changing the taskbar pref to no longer "keep the
taskbar on top of other windows" seems to fix the problem.  I don't know
what makes XP start popping the date up uselessly behind things, but this
pref change, and undoubtedly logging off restarting, and other ways of
refreshing the system, gets XP to start doing it correctly again.

So how the HECK am supposed to know if MS knows about this bug?  Do they
have a list of know bugs somewhere so I know if I should report it?   I
think a public work in progress list would be appropriate if they don't
already have one.

Is this the right place to report bugs?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS  Links
leading there say

Product Support
Contact technical support, ask a product question, report a product bug or
send comments about technical support.

But after that, there is no more mention of the word "bug"   Are they just
trying to avoid using that word, or is this not the right place for bug
submission?  Does MS monitor this NG and thus posting the bug report here,
IS reporting the bug to MS?

Date popup from taskbar clock behind taskbar

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:14:29

This is a known issue, and it hasn't been fixed yet.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

> The title pretty much says it all.  The date sometimes pops up behind the
> taskbar or perhaps other times concealed by other windows (I think)..

> After experiencing this, changing the taskbar pref to no longer "keep the
> taskbar on top of other windows" seems to fix the problem.  I don't know
> what makes XP start popping the date up uselessly behind things, but this
> pref change, and undoubtedly logging off restarting, and other ways of
> refreshing the system, gets XP to start doing it correctly again.

> So how the HECK am supposed to know if MS knows about this bug?  Do they
> have a list of know bugs somewhere so I know if I should report it?   I
> think a public work in progress list would be appropriate if they don't
> already have one.

> Is this the right place to report bugs?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS  Links
> leading there say

> Product Support
> Contact technical support, ask a product question, report a product bug or
> send comments about technical support.

> But after that, there is no more mention of the word "bug"   Are they just
> trying to avoid using that word, or is this not the right place for bug
> submission?  Does MS monitor this NG and thus posting the bug report here,
> IS reporting the bug to MS?

1. Date popup from taskbar clock behind taskbar

[...]

2. Can you upgrade from Home to professional?

3. taskbar windows hidden behind taskbar

4. Firmware Updates Allowed?

5. XP Pro Taskbar Hover Descriptions Get Stuck Behind Taskbar and Unreadable?

6. registry editing

7. Taskbar tooltips behind taskbar....argh!

8. Forgotted in ...Can't flush messenger 4.7 away!

9. Taskbar buttons hide behind taskbar

10. taskbar clock/date

11. doubles on taskbar? - double taskbar.JPG (0/1)

12. doubles on taskbar? - double taskbar.JPG (1/1)

13. Problem: Taskbar items are duplicated in a second taskbar area.