help im im a newbie and im stuck!

Post by stuar » Sat, 17 May 2003 05:29:15

ive recently had a new laptop, and everytime i use
internet explorer (im running windows xp), or click a
link, change page etc, i get a pop up saying "internet
explorer script erro" etc, URL: www.adblaster2.info.

what does this mean? and how do i stop it cos its getting
on my nerves now!!!!

if u can help please please email me on

check this board often!!

thank you so much!
stu

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MV » Sat, 17 May 2003 05:42:10

> ive recently had a new laptop, and everytime i use
> internet explorer (im running windows xp), or click a
> link, change page etc, i get a pop up saying "internet
> explorer script erro" etc, URL: www.adblaster2.info.

> what does this mean? and how do i stop it cos its getting
> on my nerves now!!!!

> if u can help please please email me on

> check this board often!!

> thank you so much!
> stu

emailed and posted

Get and run these two programs:
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
and
Spybot - Search & Destroy -
http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email

help im im a newbie and im stuck!

Post by Jupiter Jones [MVP » Sat, 17 May 2003 05:42:54

Stuart;
I would say you have spyware on the computer.
Get rid of it immediately:
Check this link:
http://www.aumha.org/a/noads.php
Run Ad-Aware (free version) or Spybot to check for spyware:
http://www.lavasoft.de/  (Update if you already have it)
Or
http://spybot.eon.net.au/  (Update if you already have it)

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

> ive recently had a new laptop, and everytime i use
> internet explorer (im running windows xp), or click a
> link, change page etc, i get a pop up saying "internet
> explorer script erro" etc, URL: www.adblaster2.info.

> what does this mean? and how do i stop it cos its getting
> on my nerves now!!!!

> if u can help please please email me on

> check this board often!!

> thank you so much!
> stu

1. file (+) help please(im thinking im alone here?

   .  Reply (E-mail)  Forward (E-mail)

 Subject:  missing file +bitmap volume?/CHKDSK

9:11:09 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING!  F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Index verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
Security descriptor verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows found problems with the file system.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

  40017883 KB total disk space.
   2442012 KB in 17332 files.
      5492 KB in 1212 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
    147327 KB in use by the system.
     65536 KB occupied by the log file.
  37423052 KB available on disk.

      4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
  10004470 total allocation units on disk.
   9355763 allocation units available on disk.
O.K. I RAN WHAT IT SAID TO DO ,SAME THING WHEN I CHECKED
AGAIN.SO I MUST HAVE RAN FILECHECK\FULLSCANDISK 20 TIMESTO
NO ADVALE.I FIND NO READING ON WHY WINDOWS IS ALLOCTTING
SPACE FOR BITMAP VOLUMEI HAVE SOME WIERD READINGS THAT
DONT SEEM RIGHT FOR THE LRGE.PROGRAMS I USE. EXSAMPLE MY
MFT COUNT IS 26%IN USE WHERE I THINK I USELLY NOTICE IT
AT65% OR HIGHER. NO DRAMATIC CHANGES EITHER,THINGS SEEM TO
WORK FINE. PLUSE MFT FRAGMENT IS 3 IT WAS ALLWAYS 2 FROM
DAY ONE PLUS I HAVE I BIG RED FRAGMENT BAR THAT WONT GO
CONTIGUOUS THIS BAR OF RED IS NEW TO I DO DAILY MAINTANCE
ON MY SYSTEM BECAUSE IM A GREEN HORN FOR SURE (BUT I
KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW INSTUCTIONS)I HAVE A (E-MACHINE THERE
SUPPORT IS LETS SAY&*&$^&&$$#^) T1120/PENT

BECAUSE I USE PROGRAMS THAT USE MORE MEM THAN I HAVE.OK

 IF SOMEONE
CAN GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ,IF YOUR NOT TO TIRED FROM
READING SO MUCH, ON (OH YA SOMTHING ELSE THE
UNINSTALL /REPAIR FOR IE6 SP1 IS GONE FROM MY REMOVE
PROGRAM LIST ?)AGAIN WHAT I NEED IS -HOW TO FIND WHAT FILE
I NEED?WHAT IS BITMAP VOLUME? HOW TO CORRECT IT. THE ABOVE
WAY DOSE NOT WORK - HOW TO FIX IE6SP1 WONT REINSTALL
EITHER.  A BIG THANK YOU SO MUCH  ANY OTHER INFO JUST
ASK.HOPEING  George
.

2. secure and nonsecure

3. im using win.xp ..i ran directX diag. test and im missing a lot of files

4. clean install

5. Im stuck! Please help

6. Performance Issues

7. im stuck please help me

8. WFWG, PCNFS 5.0 and XVision 4.1

9. Im stuck Help

10. Please help! Im a newbie in distress!

11. newbie here, my name is Sara, im having some problems

12. HELP HELP HELP - cant start any application - IM DESPERATE

13. im getting this error when starting wmp7 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!