file (+) help please(im thinking im alone here?

file (+) help please(im thinking im alone here?

Post by georg » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:08:56

   .  Reply (E-mail)  Forward (E-mail)

 Subject:  missing file +bitmap volume?/CHKDSK

9:11:09 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

Quote:>CHKDSK

The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING!  F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Index verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
Security descriptor verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows found problems with the file system.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

  40017883 KB total disk space.
   2442012 KB in 17332 files.
      5492 KB in 1212 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
    147327 KB in use by the system.
     65536 KB occupied by the log file.
  37423052 KB available on disk.

      4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
  10004470 total allocation units on disk.
   9355763 allocation units available on disk.
O.K. I RAN WHAT IT SAID TO DO ,SAME THING WHEN I CHECKED
AGAIN.SO I MUST HAVE RAN FILECHECK\FULLSCANDISK 20 TIMESTO
NO ADVALE.I FIND NO READING ON WHY WINDOWS IS ALLOCTTING
SPACE FOR BITMAP VOLUMEI HAVE SOME WIERD READINGS THAT
DONT SEEM RIGHT FOR THE LRGE.PROGRAMS I USE. EXSAMPLE MY
MFT COUNT IS 26%IN USE WHERE I THINK I USELLY NOTICE IT
AT65% OR HIGHER. NO DRAMATIC CHANGES EITHER,THINGS SEEM TO
WORK FINE. PLUSE MFT FRAGMENT IS 3 IT WAS ALLWAYS 2 FROM
DAY ONE PLUS I HAVE I BIG RED FRAGMENT BAR THAT WONT GO
CONTIGUOUS THIS BAR OF RED IS NEW TO I DO DAILY MAINTANCE
ON MY SYSTEM BECAUSE IM A GREEN HORN FOR SURE (BUT I
KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW INSTUCTIONS)I HAVE A (E-MACHINE THERE
SUPPORT IS LETS SAY&*&$^&&$$#^) T1120/PENT

BECAUSE I USE PROGRAMS THAT USE MORE MEM THAN I HAVE.OK

 IF SOMEONE
CAN GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ,IF YOUR NOT TO TIRED FROM
READING SO MUCH, ON (OH YA SOMTHING ELSE THE
UNINSTALL /REPAIR FOR IE6 SP1 IS GONE FROM MY REMOVE
PROGRAM LIST ?)AGAIN WHAT I NEED IS -HOW TO FIND WHAT FILE
I NEED?WHAT IS BITMAP VOLUME? HOW TO CORRECT IT. THE ABOVE
WAY DOSE NOT WORK - HOW TO FIX IE6SP1 WONT REINSTALL
EITHER.  A BIG THANK YOU SO MUCH  ANY OTHER INFO JUST
ASK.HOPEING  George
.

file (+) help please(im thinking im alone here?

Post by Richar » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:38:05

Hi George,

I have seen your post in at least three places, without a responce.

Is there a Question ?  This makes no sense.

Richard

>    .  Reply (E-mail)  Forward (E-mail)

>  Subject:  missing file +bitmap volume?/CHKDSK

> 9:11:09 PM

> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

> >CHKDSK
> The type of the file system is NTFS.

> WARNING!  F parameter not specified.
> Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

> CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
> File verification completed.
> CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
> Index verification completed.
> CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
> Security descriptor verification completed.
> CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
> Usn Journal verification completed.
> Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
> Windows found problems with the file system.
> Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

>   40017883 KB total disk space.
>    2442012 KB in 17332 files.
>       5492 KB in 1212 indexes.
>          0 KB in bad sectors.
>     147327 KB in use by the system.
>      65536 KB occupied by the log file.
>   37423052 KB available on disk.

>       4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
>   10004470 total allocation units on disk.
>    9355763 allocation units available on disk.
> O.K. I RAN WHAT IT SAID TO DO ,SAME THING WHEN I CHECKED
> AGAIN.SO I MUST HAVE RAN FILECHECK\FULLSCANDISK 20 TIMESTO
> NO ADVALE.I FIND NO READING ON WHY WINDOWS IS ALLOCTTING
> SPACE FOR BITMAP VOLUMEI HAVE SOME WIERD READINGS THAT
> DONT SEEM RIGHT FOR THE LRGE.PROGRAMS I USE. EXSAMPLE MY
> MFT COUNT IS 26%IN USE WHERE I THINK I USELLY NOTICE IT
> AT65% OR HIGHER. NO DRAMATIC CHANGES EITHER,THINGS SEEM TO
> WORK FINE. PLUSE MFT FRAGMENT IS 3 IT WAS ALLWAYS 2 FROM
> DAY ONE PLUS I HAVE I BIG RED FRAGMENT BAR THAT WONT GO
> CONTIGUOUS THIS BAR OF RED IS NEW TO I DO DAILY MAINTANCE
> ON MY SYSTEM BECAUSE IM A GREEN HORN FOR SURE (BUT I
> KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW INSTUCTIONS)I HAVE A (E-MACHINE THERE
> SUPPORT IS LETS SAY&*&$^&&$$#^) T1120/PENT

> BECAUSE I USE PROGRAMS THAT USE MORE MEM THAN I HAVE.OK

>  IF SOMEONE
> CAN GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ,IF YOUR NOT TO TIRED FROM
> READING SO MUCH, ON (OH YA SOMTHING ELSE THE
> UNINSTALL /REPAIR FOR IE6 SP1 IS GONE FROM MY REMOVE
> PROGRAM LIST ?)AGAIN WHAT I NEED IS -HOW TO FIND WHAT FILE
> I NEED?WHAT IS BITMAP VOLUME? HOW TO CORRECT IT. THE ABOVE
> WAY DOSE NOT WORK - HOW TO FIX IE6SP1 WONT REINSTALL
> EITHER.  A BIG THANK YOU SO MUCH  ANY OTHER INFO JUST
> ASK.HOPEING  George
> .

file (+) help please(im thinking im alone here?

Post by The Sentine » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:46:24

Most, if not all, people are tired of getting eye strain from reading all
caps. That is why he is not getting any responses. I refuse to even read his
post because of his behavior.

> Hi George,

> I have seen your post in at least three places, without a responce.

> Is there a Question ?  This makes no sense.

> Richard

> >    .  Reply (E-mail)  Forward (E-mail)

> >  Subject:  missing file +bitmap volume?/CHKDSK

> > 9:11:09 PM

> > Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> > (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

> > >CHKDSK
> > The type of the file system is NTFS.

> > WARNING!  F parameter not specified.
> > Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

> > CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
> > File verification completed.
> > CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
> > Index verification completed.
> > CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
> > Security descriptor verification completed.
> > CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
> > Usn Journal verification completed.
> > Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
> > Windows found problems with the file system.
> > Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

> >   40017883 KB total disk space.
> >    2442012 KB in 17332 files.
> >       5492 KB in 1212 indexes.
> >          0 KB in bad sectors.
> >     147327 KB in use by the system.
> >      65536 KB occupied by the log file.
> >   37423052 KB available on disk.

> >       4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
> >   10004470 total allocation units on disk.
> >    9355763 allocation units available on disk.
> > O.K. I RAN WHAT IT SAID TO DO ,SAME THING WHEN I CHECKED
> > AGAIN.SO I MUST HAVE RAN FILECHECK\FULLSCANDISK 20 TIMESTO
> > NO ADVALE.I FIND NO READING ON WHY WINDOWS IS ALLOCTTING
> > SPACE FOR BITMAP VOLUMEI HAVE SOME WIERD READINGS THAT
> > DONT SEEM RIGHT FOR THE LRGE.PROGRAMS I USE. EXSAMPLE MY
> > MFT COUNT IS 26%IN USE WHERE I THINK I USELLY NOTICE IT
> > AT65% OR HIGHER. NO DRAMATIC CHANGES EITHER,THINGS SEEM TO
> > WORK FINE. PLUSE MFT FRAGMENT IS 3 IT WAS ALLWAYS 2 FROM
> > DAY ONE PLUS I HAVE I BIG RED FRAGMENT BAR THAT WONT GO
> > CONTIGUOUS THIS BAR OF RED IS NEW TO I DO DAILY MAINTANCE
> > ON MY SYSTEM BECAUSE IM A GREEN HORN FOR SURE (BUT I
> > KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW INSTUCTIONS)I HAVE A (E-MACHINE THERE
> > SUPPORT IS LETS SAY&*&$^&&$$#^) T1120/PENT

> > BECAUSE I USE PROGRAMS THAT USE MORE MEM THAN I HAVE.OK

> >  IF SOMEONE
> > CAN GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ,IF YOUR NOT TO TIRED FROM
> > READING SO MUCH, ON (OH YA SOMTHING ELSE THE
> > UNINSTALL /REPAIR FOR IE6 SP1 IS GONE FROM MY REMOVE
> > PROGRAM LIST ?)AGAIN WHAT I NEED IS -HOW TO FIND WHAT FILE
> > I NEED?WHAT IS BITMAP VOLUME? HOW TO CORRECT IT. THE ABOVE
> > WAY DOSE NOT WORK - HOW TO FIX IE6SP1 WONT REINSTALL
> > EITHER.  A BIG THANK YOU SO MUCH  ANY OTHER INFO JUST
> > ASK.HOPEING  George
> > .

file (+) help please(im thinking im alone here?

Post by Sharon » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:39:59

Quote:>   .  Reply (E-mail)  Forward (E-mail)

Sorry, George. Newsgroup replies only.

Quote:>O.K. I RAN WHAT IT SAID TO DO ,SAME THING WHEN I CHECKED
>AGAIN.SO I MUST HAVE RAN FILECHECK\FULLSCANDISK 20 TIMESTO
>NO ADVALE.

Do not run chkdsk within the Windows GUI. It is known to give false
results. When you feel the need to run the utility, right click on a
drive icon to get to Properties. Then use the Check Now button, select
at least option #1. Say OK when notified this tool has to run at the
next restart. Restart the computer to let it run.

Quote:>I FIND NO READING ON WHY WINDOWS IS ALLOCTTING
>SPACE FOR BITMAP VOLUME

It has to allocate space for this or the file system won't work.

Quote:>I HAVE SOME WIERD READINGS

These observations are fine and normal.
Don't get too overly concerned with running chkdsk and defrag. Use these
tools when your system is not performing as optimal as it usually does.
Once every few weeks to once a month is fine for most folks. If you do a
lot of adding/moving/deleting of files on a daily basis, you may want to
try once a week instead.

Quote:> IF SOMEONE
>CAN GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT

The online version of the Windows XP Resource Kit:
http://microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodte...

Quote:>(OH YA SOMTHING ELSE THE UNINSTALL /REPAIR FOR IE6 SP1 IS GONE FROM MY REMOVE
>PROGRAM LIST ?)

It's not gone. XP simply doesn't have one of these. Here's a link to the
MS Knowledge Base article: How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer
and Outlook Express in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378

Sharon F
MS MVP [Shell/User]

1. help im im a newbie and im stuck!

ive recently had a new laptop, and everytime i use
internet explorer (im running windows xp), or click a
link, change page etc, i get a pop up saying "internet
explorer script erro" etc, URL: www.adblaster2.info.

what does this mean? and how do i stop it cos its getting
on my nerves now!!!!

if u can help please please email me on

check this board often!!

thank you so much!
stu

2. If printer off when starting xp ...

3. im using win.xp ..i ran directX diag. test and im missing a lot of files

4. Please Help - Can't remove or reinstall IE6

5. please help please im crying :*(

6. Music Plays Too Fast

7. Im new, please help with app files

8. et aol ca marche avec wine????

9. Please help im really confused about system files

10. Im thinking of upgrading to Windows XP, BUT!!!!

11. think im missing powerpoint

12. I think im being conned!!!

13. Im stuck! Please help