Boot disk for xp

Post by delbo » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:58:05

Hi can sum won elp me.

I need to upgrade my bios for my mobo, the instructions
ask me to create a boot disk and copy the awdflash.exe
prog into it. How do I create this disk?. For win XP PRO.

Cheers
delboy

Boot disk for xp

Post by James A. Smit » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 04:17:42

Go to my computer...
put a floppy in your A:\ drive
right click on A:\ drive
choose format
then choose create a MS-DOS startup disk.

Just a warning make SURE you make a backup of your BIOS BEFORE you flash it.
This is one of the few things you can do to your system that will kill it if
you mess it up. Make sure you READ the DOC's and have a GOOD idea what your
doing.

good luck.

--
http://www.jastek.net

Quote:> Hi can sum won elp me.

> I need to upgrade my bios for my mobo, the instructions
> ask me to create a boot disk and copy the awdflash.exe
> prog into it. How do I create this disk?. For win XP PRO.

> Cheers
> delboy

Boot disk for xp

Post by Jason » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 04:16:56

Format the disk as normal (every windows version) but select MS DOS boot
disk. A normal and quick format creates the NT boot sector (copy the NT
files from c:\ and you can boot up off floppy into NT's boot manager)
whereas the MS DOS boot disk is possibly Windows 98 (FAT32) compatible and
leaves you with the DOS prompt.

Quote:> Hi can sum won elp me.

> I need to upgrade my bios for my mobo, the instructions
> ask me to create a boot disk and copy the awdflash.exe
> prog into it. How do I create this disk?. For win XP PRO.

> Cheers
> delboy

Boot disk for xp

Post by delbo » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 04:35:55

Thanks for that I knew it would be simple once you know
how.
On the warning note how do you make a backup of the bios
settings
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Go to my computer...
>put a floppy in your A:\ drive
>right click on A:\ drive
>choose format
>then choose create a MS-DOS startup disk.

>Just a warning make SURE you make a backup of your BIOS

BEFORE you flash it.
Quote:>This is one of the few things you can do to your system

that will kill it if
>you mess it up. Make sure you READ the DOC's and have a
GOOD idea what your
>doing.

>good luck.

>--
>http://www.jastek.net

>> Hi can sum won elp me.

>> I need to upgrade my bios for my mobo, the instructions
>> ask me to create a boot disk and copy the awdflash.exe
>> prog into it. How do I create this disk?. For win XP
PRO.

>> Cheers
>> delboy

>.

Boot disk for xp

Post by Michael Steven » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:09:32

Quote:> Thanks for that I knew it would be simple once you know
> how.
> On the warning note how do you make a backup of the bios
> settings

The Flash routine will usually prompt you to backup. Follow any readme files
from the web site you obtain the bios and make sure you use the correct bios
for your systems motherboard.
--

Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

http://michaelstevenstech.com

Boot disk for xp

Post by Plat » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:46:28

> I need to upgrade my bios for my mobo, the instructions
> ask me to create a boot disk and copy the awdflash.exe
> prog into it. How do I create this disk?. For win XP PRO.

The best bios flash bootdisk:
http://www.hellasystems.de/ftp/Utilities/BootDisk/DrDos70/drdflash.exe

Of course I made it, as usual. The above site is just carrying it for
me.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Boot disk for xp

Post by Plut » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:04:28

Quote:>Of course I made it, as usual. The above site is just
carrying it for
>me.

Of course I'm teasing, as ever. The above site is just
carrying the bones I steal from cemetery ROFL.

--
http://www.bow-wow.com/

1. Boot disk for XP pro with large hard disk drive

I have a new machine with a 3.06GHz processor and a 120Gb
hard drive with Windows XP Professional pre-installed. My
problem is that upon making a boot disk for emergencies I
found that the hard drive wasn't recognised (didn't
exist). I assume that the Dos version which XP uses
cannot handle the 120Gb drive (NTFS - 1 partition). Can
anyone suggest a way around this problem? Because if I
need to boot from a floppy for some reason it's not going
to be of much use.
Thanks

2. Makeimg

3. Boot disk and XP system disk are different

4. Fix for "can't read CD-ROMs"

5. create startup disc [boot disc] windows xp professional

6. IE4 uninstall

7. Boot Disk in XP

8. CEdit and word wrap

9. How do I make a boot disk on XP

10. DOS Boot disk for XP

11. Creating a Boot Disk for XP

12. Unable to create a boot disk in XP Home Ed.