How do I install 98se on an XP machine

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 07:01:57

>XP seems to be great for the most part, but does not
>support my Voodoo 3Dfx card so I can't play any games at
>the moment, I am also haveing hardware issues - it would
>appear that Microsoft has overlooked even their own
>Sidewinder Free Style Pro games pad, the software i have
>will not install on XP and there is no new drivers for the
>controller (the customised keys in games program -- not
>the basic drivers - they work).

>So here is my question now that you have a good picture of
>my problems...

>How can I install 98se on the same machine, and have the
>option to load one or the other OS at bootup?

See
"How to Multiple Boot Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows
95, Windows 98, and MS-DOS"
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q217/2/10.asp)
"How to Enable Dual Boot After You Install Windows Me on a Windows
2000-based Computer"
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q293/4/01.asp).

--
(tm)

1. How do i install 98se on an XP machine

Hi, I am having so many problems at the moment that it
aint funny.

XP seems to be great for the most part, but does not
support my Voodoo 3Dfx card so I can't play any games at
the moment, I am also haveing hardware issues - it would
appear that Microsoft has overlooked even their own
Sidewinder Free Style Pro games pad, the software i have
will not install on XP and there is no new drivers for the
controller (the customised keys in games program -- not
the basic drivers - they work).

So here is my question now that you have a good picture of
my problems...

How can I install 98se on the same machine, and have the
option to load one or the other OS at bootup?

Please send me a copy of any reply to

2. CANON XL1 UNRECOGNIZED

3. Printing from XP machine to 98SE machine

4. Problems with WIndows Media Player in HTML

5. How do i install 98se on an XP machine

6. motorola v66 usb modem.

7. Installing Windows 98SE on a machine already with XP

8. Converting .mp2 to .wma

9. How do I install 98se on an XP machine

10. Very slow file transfers 98SE to XP, ok between XP to 98SE, or XP to XP?

11. How can I remove the Win XP Multi-boot menu from a Windows 98SE only machine?

12. XP won't access ME or 98SE machine

13. XP Home and 98SE Machines