System boot does not complete

Post by Tyrone McKinne » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 05:06:49

  I recently ran system mechanic on my system and when I
try to reboot it reboots, oes in the file system check,
trys to start XP, goes into a file system check in a
endless loop. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be
greatly appreciated.

System boot does not complete

Post by Michael S » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 05:30:55

Try this, boot the system, start hitting F8 and choose "Last known good
configuration" from the menu.

If that doesn't work, try a repair install as follows:
NOTE, these instructions assume you have an XP CD and not simply a recovery
CD from your system builder:

Boot from the CD or you can insert the CD while at the windows desktop but
when the setup screen appears, exit setup and reboot.  If your system is set
to be able to boot from the CD, it should detect the disk and give a brief
message, during the boot up, if you wish to boot from the CD press any key.

Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin.  You will see a reference
asking if you need to load special drivers and another notice that if you
wish to begin the ASR (Automatic Recovery Console) depress F2.  Just let
setup run past all of that.  It will continue to load files and drivers.

Then it will bring you to a screen.  Eventually, you will come to a screen
with the option to (1) setup Windows or (2) Repair Windows Installation
using the Recovery console.

The first option, to setup Windows is the one you want and requires you to
press enter.  When asked, press F8 to accept the end user agreement.  Setup
will then search for previous versions of Windows.  Upon finding your
version, it will ask if you wish to Repair your current installation or
install fresh.  Press R, that will run a repair installation.  From there
on, follow the screens.

In the future, don't use System Mechanic.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
Microsoft MVP Program:

Quote:

>   I recently ran system mechanic on my system and when I
> try to reboot it reboots, oes in the file system check,
> trys to start XP, goes into a file system check in a
> endless loop. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be
> greatly appreciated.

System boot does not complete

Post by Tyrone T. McKinne » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 05:41:50

I tried this and setup could not find my previous version
of windows.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Try this, boot the system, start hitting F8 and

choose "Last known good
Quote:>configuration" from the menu.

>If that doesn't work, try a repair install as follows:
>NOTE, these instructions assume you have an XP CD and not
simply a recovery
>CD from your system builder:

>Boot from the CD or you can insert the CD while at the
windows desktop but
>when the setup screen appears, exit setup and reboot.  If
your system is set
>to be able to boot from the CD, it should detect the disk
and give a brief
>message, during the boot up, if you wish to boot from the
CD press any key.

>Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin.  You

will see a reference
Quote:>asking if you need to load special drivers and another
notice that if you
>wish to begin the ASR (Automatic Recovery Console)

depress F2.  Just let
Quote:>setup run past all of that.  It will continue to load
files and drivers.

>Then it will bring you to a screen.  Eventually, you will
come to a screen
>with the option to (1) setup Windows or (2) Repair

Windows Installation
Quote:>using the Recovery console.

>The first option, to setup Windows is the one you want
and requires you to
>press enter.  When asked, press F8 to accept the end user
agreement.  Setup
>will then search for previous versions of Windows.  Upon
finding your
>version, it will ask if you wish to Repair your current
installation or
>install fresh.  Press R, that will run a repair

installation.  From there

>on, follow the screens.

>In the future, don't use System Mechanic.

>--
>Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
>Microsoft MVP Program:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-
US;mvpawardintro
>Associate Expert

>>   I recently ran system mechanic on my system and when I
>> try to reboot it reboots, oes in the file system check,
>> trys to start XP, goes into a file system check in a
>> endless loop. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be
>> greatly appreciated.

>.

System boot does not complete

Post by Tyrone McKinne » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:13:27

Is there a file system check flag or file that could
be removed so XP does not do a file system check?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Try this, boot the system, start hitting F8 and

choose "Last known good
Quote:>configuration" from the menu.

>If that doesn't work, try a repair install as follows:
>NOTE, these instructions assume you have an XP CD and not
simply a recovery
>CD from your system builder:

>Boot from the CD or you can insert the CD while at the
windows desktop but
>when the setup screen appears, exit setup and reboot.  If
your system is set
>to be able to boot from the CD, it should detect the disk
and give a brief
>message, during the boot up, if you wish to boot from the
CD press any key.

>Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin.  You

will see a reference
Quote:>asking if you need to load special drivers and another
notice that if you
>wish to begin the ASR (Automatic Recovery Console)

depress F2.  Just let
Quote:>setup run past all of that.  It will continue to load
files and drivers.

>Then it will bring you to a screen.  Eventually, you will
come to a screen
>with the option to (1) setup Windows or (2) Repair

Windows Installation
Quote:>using the Recovery console.

>The first option, to setup Windows is the one you want
and requires you to
>press enter.  When asked, press F8 to accept the end user
agreement.  Setup
>will then search for previous versions of Windows.  Upon
finding your
>version, it will ask if you wish to Repair your current
installation or
>install fresh.  Press R, that will run a repair

installation.  From there

>on, follow the screens.

>In the future, don't use System Mechanic.

>--
>Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
>Microsoft MVP Program:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-
US;mvpawardintro
>Associate Expert

>>   I recently ran system mechanic on my system and when I
>> try to reboot it reboots, oes in the file system check,
>> trys to start XP, goes into a file system check in a
>> endless loop. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be
>> greatly appreciated.

>.

System boot does not complete

Post by Michael S » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:59:45

Not that I'm aware of.  It sounds as though system mechanic corrupted your
setup.  You need to start over and be sure you format the partition on which
XP is currently installed.

Boot with the XP CD in the drive.  When you see the message on the boot
screen to "Press any key in order to boot from the CD," do so.

After loading drivers and files, you should be taken to a screen with the
following:

To Setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R.
To Quit setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

In your case, press ENTER.

Agree to the License agreement by pressing F8.

You will then be taken to a screen with two options.

To repair the selected Windows XP installation press R.
To continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press
ESC.

In your case, press ESC.  This will bring you to a partition map where you
can delete, create and format partitions.
Select the drive which contains the XP installation, delete the partition,
then create a new partition.

Then continue with XP setup formatting as you desire.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
Microsoft MVP Program:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpawardintro
Associate Expert

> Is there a file system check flag or file that could
> be removed so XP does not do a file system check?

1. System Will Not Complete Boot In after installing Svc Pk 1

     SP1 is not the problem but is amplifiying a problem
you already have.  First need more info, are you going
though a hub, router or a just a network card to hook up
the 98 machine.  Can the 98 machine see the internet or
the XP machine or the XP machine see the 98.  Try the XP
drivers with the Intel card does it still work, this is
less system conflict.
conflicts can cause all kinds of problems.  At least your
not one of the blue screens of death people.
     Re-post with some more info.

                                    :-)

2. Bios ?

3. System Restore Did Not Complete - Now System Restore Won't Run

4. recently played list in WMP

5. OE font problems

6. Help! W95/DOS complete boot failure

7. win95 - nt networking

8. ME will not complete boot up process after IE6.0 is install

9. Windows xp will not complete boot

10. Will not complete boot process

11. restore not listed in accessories tools after complete restore of system

12. norton will not complete system scan