Microsoft compatability website question

Microsoft compatability website question

Post by Clic » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 13:17:22

I ran the XP compatibility test today & it reported a few minor possible
problems.  I re ran the test & asked it to try the Microsoft Compatibility
web site.  It seems as if this option only takes you to this website & then
doesn't do anything.  I thought that if it was smart enough to detect
problems with your existing hardware & software then it might have  taken
you to the actual page necessary to fix the problem.  Am I missing
something?

--
Thanks in advance

Remove the XXX to reply

Microsoft compatability website question

Post by terri stratto » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:41:27

Not sure about the website, but if you have hardware incompatibilities,
check the manufacturers websites to see if there are updated drivers or
patches available.

Many software companies have also released patches or new versions since XP
was released.

--
Terri Stratton
Microsoft MVP

Quote:> I ran the XP compatibility test today & it reported a few minor possible
> problems.  I re ran the test & asked it to try the Microsoft Compatibility
> web site.  It seems as if this option only takes you to this website &
then
> doesn't do anything.  I thought that if it was smart enough to detect
> problems with your existing hardware & software then it might have  taken
> you to the actual page necessary to fix the problem.  Am I missing
> something?

> --
> Thanks in advance

> Remove the XXX to reply

1. !Another XP/ Games compatability website; The best yet IMO.....

http://www.myshipmates.net/xpsc/

You may have to do searches, but you can add your own reviews.....
----------------------------
# In this age of high powered, multimedia enabled GUI computer operating
systems, it's amazing that some still insist the command line is needed to
install and get an operating system to run, and is a preferential requirement to
use a computer....

See Found Images at :

2. CE Exchange client

3. To Microsoft: Radeon AIW card compatability

4. video memory

5. Compatability of older Microsoft Application

6. how do i make wma expire after 30 days?

7. Microsoft Works/Office documents compatability

8. Help with Favorites

9. Compatability of Win XP with Microsoft Office 97

10. Microsoft Office Compatability

11. Question about wmp 8 compatability with 9 coder

12. Compatability question...

13. Compatability Question