boot fails because of pci.sys, it tells me to recover, setup fails because setupdd.sys

boot fails because of pci.sys, it tells me to recover, setup fails because setupdd.sys

Post by casey chesnu » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:01:57

My notebook restarted unexpectedly with WinXP Pro.
It says pci.sys has gone bad and that I need to use the CD to recover.
When I use the CD to try and recover,
before I get to the screen to choose recover,
it fails because of setupdd.sys OR dll(?) and restarts.
I tried the XP Pro boot floppies too ... same thing.

I'm hoping there is some way to recover, but if not;
how can I mount the drive with a network connection to copy some files off
of it?
Or can I simply remove the notebook drive and hook it up to my desktop
machine,
to read files from it?

Thank you
casey

boot fails because of pci.sys, it tells me to recover, setup fails because setupdd.sys

Post by casey chesnu » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:41:50

never mind.
seems to have been a bad RAM chip
Thanks
casey
http://www.brains-N-brawn.com

Quote:> My notebook restarted unexpectedly with WinXP Pro.
> It says pci.sys has gone bad and that I need to use the CD to recover.
> When I use the CD to try and recover,
> before I get to the screen to choose recover,
> it fails because of setupdd.sys OR dll(?) and restarts.
> I tried the XP Pro boot floppies too ... same thing.

> I'm hoping there is some way to recover, but if not;
> how can I mount the drive with a network connection to copy some files off
> of it?
> Or can I simply remove the notebook drive and hook it up to my desktop
> machine,
> to read files from it?

> Thank you
> casey

1. Installation fails with "Setupdd.sys could not be loaded" error

Hello!

I am trying to install XP Home Edition onto a new computer: Elite K7S5A
motherboard, 20GB Samsung IDE hard drive, NVidia 32MB video card, 256MB RAM.

Setup gets to the point of copying files to the drive, reboots, then pops
"File setupdd.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 14. Setup cannot
continue. Press any key to continue." Hitting any key reboots and goes
through the same cycle again.

Any ideas?

I found nothing about setupdd.sys on the Knowledge Base.

Thanks for the help!

Gregg.

2. Windows XP and CD-ROM drive light blinks about every .9 seconds...what's up?

3. HIDCLASS.sys KMIXER.sys Win32k.sys NV_4disp.dll Ntfs.sys

4. Fortran under MS-Windows 3.1x

5. Submit Wolf then setupdd.sys could not be loaded Error Code 7

6. two accounts in xp

7. setupdd.sys file

8. Security update Q321232

9. setupdd.sys not found - what that means?

10. Setupdd.sys

11. Error at Installation Setupdd.sys could not be loaded

12. setupdd.sys could not be loaded... error code 4

13. Setupdd.sys error