Exact Disk Copy from a Master to a Slave

Exact Disk Copy from a Master to a Slave

Post by Jerome T. Czeiku » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:25:32

You should be able to open Explorer, highlight all of the files/directories
you want to copy and drag and drop them on the second drive. The virtual
swap file (*.swp) can not be copied in this fashion so make sure it is not
included.

Quote:> I'm a reseller.

> I've always been able to use xcopy32 to create a duplicate
> hard drive from a master to a slave in Windows 98 SE under
> a DOS prompt in Windows.

> Any chance I can do the same using Windows XP Home
> Edition?  What's the procedure???

> Thanks

> Larry

1. hard disk to hard disk exact copy

I am furious with Microsoft for now providing a perfectly
operating disk to disk backup system as part of Windows
XP Home.  True, I was able to download the Backup program
that normally is supplied only with Windows XP Pro, but
when I used that program, I found that it only copied
half of my C: drive onto my D: drive --- making it
essentially useless for me.  And what about Restore?  I
have been told that the Restore function does not work
with Windows XP Home???  The copying of one hard drive to
another is now commonly used by average computer owners.
I expect that feature when I purchase an operating
system.  And one final point, why doesn't Microsoft offer
a special priced download which will upgrade Windows XP
Home to Windows XP Pro?  Is there anyone out there?  WK

2. PA Bear and Frank Saunders replies Sept. 3

3. new master hard drive not recognizing old master as slave

4. missing mscdex.exe

5. Two EIDE Master HD's instead of One Master and One Slave

6. Email from an alert?

7. How to change my old Hard Disk from Master to Slave

8. two machines one account

9. install the crashed master disk as slave

10. How can I make an EXACT mirror image copy of a floppy disk?

11. Primary/Secondary and Master/Slave Settings for HDs and NTFS Partition Deletion (Win 2000)

12. Slave drive causes fatal error on master. Help.

13. Second hard drive master/slave