Installation problem

Post by r. » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:25:25

I am regretting every trying to upgrade now.  The bottom
line is I have a maxtor 160gb drive which has to use the
maxtor 133ultra ata card for my machine.  This driver is
in the XP package, but if I select that one it doesn't
find my drive.  So I downloaded and use the Maxtor XP one
which XP says is a newer one anyway.  Then it gets to the
point where it is installing itself,  says the driver is
not XP certified, doesn't matter at that point what I do,
because within a few seconds the system locks up.

There isn't any new drivers, a search on Microsoft for
Maxtor Ultra doesn't even find a single article.  I was
told I may have to replace my motherboard so I don't have
to use this card.  Thats ridiculous.  I have a T-bird
700Mhz on a Acorp board.  Never had any problems with
Win2000 and it ran for a long time.  Might as well sell
this to someone else rather than buy another motherboard.

Installation problem

Post by Bob » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:09:34

Quote:>I am regretting every trying to upgrade now.  The bottom
>line is I have a maxtor 160gb drive which has to use the
>maxtor 133ultra ata card for my machine.  This driver is
>in the XP package, but if I select that one it doesn't
>find my drive.  So I downloaded and use the Maxtor XP one
>which XP says is a newer one anyway.  Then it gets to the
>point where it is installing itself,  says the driver is
>not XP certified, doesn't matter at that point what I do,
>because within a few seconds the system locks up.

>There isn't any new drivers, a search on Microsoft for
>Maxtor Ultra doesn't even find a single article.  I was
>told I may have to replace my motherboard so I don't have
>to use this card.  Thats ridiculous.  I have a T-bird
>700Mhz on a Acorp board.  Never had any problems with
>Win2000 and it ran for a long time.  Might as well sell
>this to someone else rather than buy another motherboard.

Have you tried running this drive from the built-in disk controller on
the motherboard.  The Maxtor drives are backward compatible with
ATA66/100 controllers.  Since the maximum data transfer rate of this
drive is only 43 Mbytes/sec, an ATA66 interface will be more than fast
enough.

Bob T.

1. display problems after an installation problem...

Hi,

Today I've installed the .NET ramework 1.1
This cause a big trouble on my XP Pro system ! (no network available)
after some rollback and reinstallation my computer works fine...

except :
Some web site appear not correctly !!!

like msn.com
this site display the background, but not the content of the page !!!
but the page is loaded correctly (if I look the source of the page, I see
everything !)

I think the problem come from a wrong CSS parsing in the  browser, but how
to resolve this ???

thanks.

Jerome

2. Hmmmm

3. Quicktime Installation Problems

4. Unsigned devices question !

5. WMP 6.4 installation problem

6. Printing problem from Win95

7. Installation problems with Mediaplayer 7.0b

8. Scheduled Tasks

9. SKD 7.1.1 Installation Problem

10. SONY cdu-33a installation problem

11. Media Encoder Installation problem

12. Installation Problem

13. Installation Problems with WMP 7.1 on iMac 333 w/ OS 8.6