backing up windows xp+reinstalling windows xp+cd-r problems

backing up windows xp+reinstalling windows xp+cd-r problems

Post by gavi » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 02:40:02

from the begining I can write CD-RW's and I once wrote a
CD-R, but can now can only write CD-RW's and cannot write
CD-R's, I have tried using different brands of CD-R, but
whenever I try to write a CD-r I get an error message
stating that the disk is no longer usable. when i try
copying audio files using Windows Media Player I get the
error message "invalid alignment was specified"
I suspected that the CD-RW driver may be corrupted but
found that I have an IDE device that uses IDE controlers
on the motherboard. I was then advised to reinstall
Windows XP but I bought the computer with Windows XP
already installed and don't have a Windows XP disk.

Please give me any and all advice that you think might be
of use to me, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

1. CD-R problems+backing up or reinstalling XP

from the begining I can write CD-RW's and I once wrote a
CD-R, but can now can only write CD-RW's and cannot write
CD-R's, I have tried using different brands of CD-R, but
whenever I try to write a CD-r I get an error message
stating that the disk is no longer usable. when i try
copying audio files using Windows Media Player I get the
error message "invalid alignment was specified"
I suspected that the CD-RW driver may be corrupted but
found that I have an IDE device that uses IDE controlers
on the motherboard. I was then advised to reinstall
Windows XP but I bought the computer with Windows XP
already installed and don't have a Windows XP disk.

Please give me any and all advice that you think might be
of use to me, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

2. Multimedia Resources

3. Windows-XP Back-ups

4. How do you turn off DLLCACHE ? How do you...

5. Back UPS problem or XP problem?

6. Problems with DHCP and DNS

7. lost sndvol32.exe, how do I reinstall it back on windows xp?

8. printer problems

9. Windows XP Reinstall (upgrade choice) over previous XP OS reboot problem

10. Problem reinstalling windows ME, windows XP

11. CD-R and CD-RW reading problems in windows XP

12. How do I reinstall my CD/DVD driver for Windows XP 2002 home edition?

13. reinstalling Windows XP built-in CD Writer?