CDRW content information......

Post by danielv » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:48:49

when i use a cdrw to look, update or record new
information using the last version of "DirectCD", then i
eject the disc, if i try to insert another disc into the
cdrw drive it has the information of the cdrw i used
before, i press "F5" to refresh the content, but nothing
happen, i have to reboot the system if i want to see the
new information...

note: i have disable the windows XP record function, but
i think that happen the same with that function enable...

what can I doi have all drivers and patch from the
windowsupdate page and the latest version of DirectCD...

HELP...thanx

CDRW content information......

Post by Harry Ohr » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:11:40

Direct CD is a PITA alright. Try ejecting using a right click on the drive and select "eject" or use the Direct CD eject option if there is one. Direct CD stores a small bit of data from the Table of Contents (TOC) in a VFAT (virtual cache in memory) that it writes to the CD when the disk is ejected. You may be encountering a problem in that when you press the CD drive's eject button the disk pops out before Direct CD can write the remaining bit of data and clear the VFAT. Windows may still see the TOC (stored in memory) and think the CD is still in the drive.

The VFAT is the reason that a system crash will often render a Direct CD formatted disk unreadable. If a crash occurs the TOC doesn't get written from the VFAT to the CD and the disk is toast. I much prefer using DLA that comes bundled with Click n Burn and RecordNow Max for packet writing rather than ever trust Direct CD. If you must use Direct CD I strongly urge you to acquire CD-R Diagnostic as sooner or later you will need to use it http://www.cdrom-prod.com/cd-r_diagnostic.html

Mike Richter has some good info on Packet Writing software here http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/primer/udf.htm

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

  when i use a cdrw to look, update or record new
  information using the last version of "DirectCD", then i
  eject the disc, if i try to insert another disc into the
  cdrw drive it has the information of the cdrw i used
  before, i press "F5" to refresh the content, but nothing
  happen, i have to reboot the system if i want to see the
  new information...

  note: i have disable the windows XP record function, but
  i think that happen the same with that function enable...

  what can I doi have all drivers and patch from the
  windowsupdate page and the latest version of DirectCD...

  HELP...thanx

1. DVR-MS Content Information Properties to UPnP Content Directory Services Elements

Is there documentation on the "syntax" for a recorded file's information
that is embedded in the dvr-ms files and has anyone worked with exposing
those file properties (via XML) using the UPnP CDS schema that would match
the file's properties up to the CDS' object's base class elements?  In other
words, has anyone worked with modeling Content Directory Services for a
UPnP-based Media Server using the information embedded in the dvr-ms files -
http://www.upnp.org/download/ContentDirectory%201.0.prtad.pdf?  Any pointers
to what content information is stored in the files, how it is organized and
exposed, and if it consistent across all files would be appreciated.

Regards,

  =D-

Derek R. Flickinger
INTERACTIVE HOMES, INC.

2. Network Authentication

3. DVD/CDRW drive won't read DVD content in XP

4. Video super-impose? HELP

5. Trading information using a CDRW

6. Major Problem

7. Content-based retrieval of video information

8. how to get information out of the registry?

9. Content Advisor Error msg Missing Information

10. Address Book Sub-Folder Export Does Not Include Content Information

11. 'Please check your content advisor for missing information...' ERROR

12. Can I delete "System Volume Information" fold content

13. XP "System Volume Information" fold occupy 2G space, Can I delete the content?