VPN Incoming Connections Properties

Post by Graham Parson » Fri, 23 May 2003 01:49:29

I am trying to set up a VPN incoming connection.  When defining the
properties, the General tab lists the devices on which to allow incoming
connections.  The devices listed are a Win Modem and Direct Parallel.
However, I am using a cable modem connected via an Ethernet card for
internet access and this soes not appear in the list of devices.

Does it have to appear in the device list to accept incoming connections?
If so, how do I ensure it is added to the list?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I seem to have hit a
variety of different snags trying to get this connection working.

Many thanks,
Graham.

VPN Incoming Connections Properties

Post by Sooner A » Fri, 23 May 2003 02:26:20

Look at this page for help...

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm

--
    Al

benefit of all of us...Unsolicited personal emails are *NOT* answered.

Quote:> I am trying to set up a VPN incoming connection.  When defining the
> properties, the General tab lists the devices on which to allow incoming
> connections.  The devices listed are a Win Modem and Direct Parallel.
> However, I am using a cable modem connected via an Ethernet card for
> internet access and this soes not appear in the list of devices.

> Does it have to appear in the device list to accept incoming connections?
> If so, how do I ensure it is added to the list?

> Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I seem to have hit a
> variety of different snags trying to get this connection working.

> Many thanks,
> Graham.

---

VPN Incoming Connections Properties

Post by Microsof » Thu, 29 May 2003 06:35:26

Sooner Al's page is correct.  Simply click next on the page with connection
devices without checking anything.  The LAN connection becomes the default.

Bob

Quote:> I am trying to set up a VPN incoming connection.  When defining the
> properties, the General tab lists the devices on which to allow incoming
> connections.  The devices listed are a Win Modem and Direct Parallel.
> However, I am using a cable modem connected via an Ethernet card for
> internet access and this soes not appear in the list of devices.

> Does it have to appear in the device list to accept incoming connections?
> If so, how do I ensure it is added to the list?

> Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I seem to have hit a
> variety of different snags trying to get this connection working.

> Many thanks,
> Graham.

1. Incoming Connections WIN2K TO XP Pro (VPN)

Hello,
Any help will be appreciated with the following problem

    The problem:
        WIN2K cannot access the shared folders/files from XP Pro machine.
Every time WIN2K tries to access the XP Pro shared folders/files, it is
prompted for a username password saying the username/password is invalid .
However, XP Pro can access the WIN2K shared folders/files
    The Settings:
        1.  XP Pro is setup for incoming connections thru VPN.  WIN2K can
connect to XP Pro machine and both can ping each other and send messages to
each other using net send.
        2. Both machines have same username and password for local security
        3. Both machines are in different workgroup (this shouldn't matter
though becuase the XP Pro machine can access the WIN2K machine)

2. Win '95 Memory Problems

3. Incoming VPN connection to XP Pro

4. Connecting desktop <-> Toshiba notebook

5. Incoming VPN connection, works, but can't see shared resources

6. deleting files

7. Stymied setting up Incoming Connection for VPN access - Help

8. Can wine window be "unsticky" ?

9. Allowing incoming connections to my computer via vpn...

10. vpn connection (please advise as VPN has troubled me for a long time :-)

11. internet connection sharing on incoming connection ??

12. Can I extend the idle timeout in a back to back XP VPN IPSec VPN Connection?

13. VPN connection knocks off Remote Desktop Connection