Rebooting when i start IE

Post by dan » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 05:08:35

Hi all. I have a crazy thing going on.
When I sign on with my dialup connection and don't open IE all is fine, but
as soon as I open IE and start to surf
my machine will reboot. I have changed modems and have put in different pci
slots if it was a irq problem but no luck. Like I said I stay connected and
don't reboot until I open IE and start to surf. I haven't install anything
lately and have looked to see if this has come up before on here but have
not went through all 74070 e-mails.
Any help would be great and will try to get who ever can help a free pass to
the next Olympic's. :-)

Thanks   DAN

Rebooting when i start IE

Post by Care » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:02:10

System Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings  and "uncheck" Automatically
Restart, then hit "OK".

Open the "Help and Support" application and in the search box type:  PC Health  .  Click
on "Get Information about your Computer".  In the right pane, click on "View the Status of
my System Hardware and Software".  Under the "Hardware" heading, use the "troubleshooter"
for the device that is problematic.

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

Rebooting when i start IE

Post by Jason Tsan » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:00:24

Could be two things
i) You need new/updated video drivers.  IE is pretty demanding on 2D video card functions.  There may be an update from your video card manufacturer.

ii)  It is likely that you have installed a program containing one of the many
spyware components that are known to*up IE

http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/
etc etc

Spyware like this can have many side effects that may not be apparent.

You can use Ad-Aware to scan for such spyware.
It will even remove spyware components, but only use Ad-Aware to do this, if
there is no associated Add/Remove Program entry for the spyware component.

In addition,Alexa may be installed which can cause problems you see You can completely remove this by going to this website and following its instructions.
http://www.veryComputer.com/

You can get Ad-Aware at www.lavasoftusa.com. (Make sure you have the latest reference file too to detect the latest spyware mechanisms)
For more info on spyware www.spychecker.com and its associated links.

--
Jason Tsang - Windows XP MVP & Associate Expert

Find out about the Windows XP Expert Zone -
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Find out about the MS MVP Program -
http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Hi all. I have a crazy thing going on.
> When I sign on with my dialup connection and don't open IE all is fine, but
> as soon as I open IE and start to surf
> my machine will reboot. I have changed modems and have put in different pci
> slots if it was a irq problem but no luck. Like I said I stay connected and
> don't reboot until I open IE and start to surf. I haven't install anything
> lately and have looked to see if this has come up before on here but have
> not went through all 74070 e-mails.
> Any help would be great and will try to get who ever can help a free pass to
> the next Olympic's. :-)

> Thanks   DAN

1. Netscape 4.04 hangs whens JAVA is starting

Hi to all!!!

I don't know what has happened to my system, but whenever a JAVA
applet on a webpage is starting the program says "starting java" and
hangs and I can only kill the application because nothing happens
anymore.

I'm using winNT 4.0 with SP3 and as plugin's Adobe Acrobat 3.01 and
Cosmo Player 2.0. This configuration was working fine until... I realy
don't know.

I've tried to to reinstal netscape 4.04 after I had removed it with
Cleansweep but the problem remains the same.

Even when I click on "Communicator" and "Java Console" the system
hangs and netscape is using 98% of the cpu performance.

At the moment I'm using IE 4.01 but I like netscape much more. Please
help, I don't know what has happened

:-) Hannes in HH

*************************************
Christian Hartmann

*************************************

2. Arp Table Modification

3. reboot.reboot.reboot.reboot.reboot.rebooooooooooo

4. nascar legends

5. Starting IE 6.0 after rebooting

6. TEST

7. Whens the next version being released for public download?

8. IPSec Services/Failure Audit

9. Address bar and Links bar Starting on the taskbar when XP is rebooted or started

10. whens version 5 for xp coming out

11. reboot - reboot - reboot isass.exe & passwords

12. it reboots and reboots and reboots

13. windows xp reboots, reboots, reboots