Install error e:\1386\asms the parameter is incorrect

Install error e:\1386\asms the parameter is incorrect

Post by Tim » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:02:28

After about half way through install just after it self
reboots i get this error message and wont let me go no
futher  e:\1386\asms    the parameter is
incorrect              Any ideas please e mail me at

1. Problems with XP install (asms, incorrect function)

I reformatted my HD and booted from the XP setup disks.
After that, I partitioned my drive fat32. the install
continued(blue screen part) and when i hit the next area
of the install (in windows interface) first thing that
happens is this:
*error: installation failed d:\i386\asms error message:
*incorrect function.
*fatal error: one of the components that windows needs to
*continue setup could not be installed.
*Incorrect function.
anyone know how to fix this frustrating problem?

2. Is Maintenance Program necessary for XP?

3. "The parameter is incorrect" installing printer

4. Any MCP's?

5. Parameter is incorrect on install

6. imail for win95

7. "Parameter is Incorrect" when installing...

9. Cannot install printer; "The parameter is incorrect."

10. Encoder Conversion - ERROR 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect II

11. The parameter is incorrect error

12. hardrive error parameter incorrect

13. Problem Copying Files to Compact Flash Card - The Parameter is Incorrect Error