HP 2210 Printer/Scanner

Post by LBW » Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:59:10

Upgraded computer to XP and now the scanner function of
my HP 2210 "All in One Printer doesn't work".  The error
message indicates it is not connected but physically it
is.  Tried to reload printer/scanner software but it
won't let me.  HP message says software already loaded
successfully.  How do I get this to work ?

HP 2210 Printer/Scanner

Post by Jim Mackli » Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:18:29

Go to www.hp.com and click on the "download drivers and
software" (on the front page) and then enter your product.
Download the XP drivers and software.
Then remove the device with device manager. And unplug it
from the computer, too.
Then do a clean install of the software.
Then plug it in.

| Upgraded computer to XP and now the scanner function of
| my HP 2210 "All in One Printer doesn't work".  The error
| message indicates it is not connected but physically it
| is.  Tried to reload printer/scanner software but it
| won't let me.  HP message says software already loaded
| successfully.  How do I get this to work ?

HP 2210 Printer/Scanner

Post by Ivanh » Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:11:07

Those all-in-one printers usually install software on the PC too.  Make sure you are able to successfully uninstall the HP software using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel too.  Then reboot before you try to reinstall it.

-IVE

HP 2210 Printer/Scanner

Post by maddy6 » Fri, 23 Jan 2004 05:46:07

Does the print function work. I have the same all-in-one. It works for a few
days then it starts all over again. Won't print. I can't tell you how many
times I have had to reinstall. Keeps saying print job queued! I give up I am
ditching this printer. Got jack-*from hp support. Scanning part won't
work either or copying. Haven't tried fax for a while.

Quote:> Upgraded computer to XP and now the scanner function of
> my HP 2210 "All in One Printer doesn't work".  The error
> message indicates it is not connected but physically it
> is.  Tried to reload printer/scanner software but it
> won't let me.  HP message says software already loaded
> successfully.  How do I get this to work ?

1. HP 2210 Printer/Scanner running with Windows XP

I am having a constant problems with my HP 2210 printer
running with Windows XP.  It is constantly sending me an
error message telling me that the printer cannot connect
to my computer and therefore will not scan a document.
On a daily basis (no exageration) I am forced to "reset"
my printer (at the suggestion of HP) by disconnecting my
printer, pressing the # key and the 6 key while
simultaneously replugging in the printer.  Needless to
say this is a pain in the butt.  Anyone else have this
problem?

2. Theoretical limit of hard drive capacity

3. Windows XP problem with HP psc 2210 printer.

4. Platform Builder Exception While Deactivating Device

5. Installation probs with XP and HP psc 2210 printer

6. somethings wrong

7. HP 2210 VS HP 2210XI

8. HTML Question

9. HP 2210 All-in-one