MS fax won't send fax in Windows XP

Post by Aussi » Thu, 06 Jun 2002 23:53:20

      Folks. Nothing to do with Creative hardware or software but hope some
of you techies can help me. I can't get MS Fax to work with XP. I have the
XP version . I use an external USB modem. When it tries to send a fax I just
get send errors. The modem works fine otherwise and the fax numbers are
correct. I used to use Winfax Pro with Win 98 and faxed fine but my version
of Win Fax Pro won't work with XP. I read somewhere that MS Fax won't work
with USB external modems ? I would rather not have to buy new software or
hardware. I also have a non XP compatable version of Phonetools.

1. Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

message ' The fax printer cannot be accessed.'

I'm wanting to use the remote fax facility that supposedly
comes with Windows XP. I have 1 PC with a fax/modem
installed and the fax service and another test PC across
the LAN. It connects ok and reconises the remote fax using
the fax console but whenever I try and create or send a
fax to it from the test pc I get the above message. Note
also that I have given full access rights to everyone to
use the fax facility. I have also tried many other tests
with different PC's with the same results.

2. Screen Capture

3. MS fax won't send

4. Implement small title bars

5. Is it worth while to upgrade to IE6?

6. XP Fax won't print incoming faxes

7. Utility to track file access?

8. XP Fax Won't Let Me View Faxes

9. Can't send Fax from Fax Console

10. I can send faxes but I can't receive faxes

11. sending a fax via email to fax #'s

12. MS's NT Fax Product (was Fax program for NT 4.0 ?