CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM Confusing Problem

Post by George Crupp » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 01:33:39

Some writers have problems with some blank disks. You can see if the cd
writer has a firmware update available, after you find out for sure what
brand yours is and what firmware it has. You would need to get the update
from the manufacturers website and follow installation instructions.
Otherwise you can keep trying different brands of disks until you find the
one that your writer always recognizes and can use effectively.

Quote:> I have a problem with my drive that came with my VAIO. I
> am on XP Home. I think the drive is Hitatchi or something
> like that. But anyways here's the prolem.

> My drive will read: CD-ROMs, DVDs, CD-R discs (with stuff
> on them)

> The Problem: When I want to burn files to a CD-R the CD
> Writing Wizard refuses to believe I have a blank CD-R in
> the drive. Even after it stops trying to read the disc,
> which it does for almost a minute, it says "Please insert
> a blank CD-R in the drive blah blah blah"

> I know the drive is clean
> I know the CD-Rs are blank
> I have XP Home

> Any help would be great with this annoying as all heck
> problem, thank you a lot

> Sincerely,
> -Justin

1. CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM Confusing Problem

I have a problem with my drive that came with my VAIO. I
am on XP Home. I think the drive is Hitatchi or something
like that. But anyways here's the prolem.

My drive will read: CD-ROMs, DVDs, CD-R discs (with stuff
on them)

The Problem: When I want to burn files to a CD-R the CD
Writing Wizard refuses to believe I have a blank CD-R in
the drive. Even after it stops trying to read the disc,
which it does for almost a minute, it says "Please insert
a blank CD-R in the drive blah blah blah"

I know the drive is clean
I know the CD-Rs are blank
I have XP Home

Any help would be great with this annoying as all heck
problem, thank you a lot

Sincerely,
-Justin

2. error message?

3. CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM Confusing Problems

4. Setting Date and Time

5. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

6. MSVC++ V1.0, Keyboard Messaging Problem

7. CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive problems

8. Aliases in Device Manager ->Computer->Input/Output

9. CD-Rom / CD-RW / DVD-Rom not reading data on CD's

10. OT: Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs

11. My Drivers(CD-ROM,DVD-ROM,CD-RW) Are not being detected

12. DVD-ROM stopped working on Vaio CD-RW/DVD ROM Drive

13. CD-R/RW DVD ROM drive confusing problem