microsoft virtual machine/java virtual machine

microsoft virtual machine/java virtual machine

Post by <richardfoster2.. » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:50:48

why cant i download these things to play yahoo pool or
yahoo chat?

microsoft virtual machine/java virtual machine

Post by Shena » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:16:58

So, you want to know how to DOWNLOAD Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (MSJVM)?
It's easy enough.  I think even a good web search engine likely comes up
with multiple responses.
Also - XP SP1 contains what you need...

First - why did Microsoft remove it?
http://www.microsoft.com/java/xp.htm

Direct link to Windows Update file:
http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/c...
MSJavx86_CD24D109B33421DB6728FBDC80C9F572EB7A3865.exe

link may wrap - if so, use:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L23552351

Non-MS links:

http://ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/systems/win95/fixes/VM/msjavx86.exe

http://www.dreamscape.co.kr/bbs/data/3/msjavx86.exe

ftp://ftp.redcom.ru/pub/support/windows/corporate/8.04/winxp/en/com_m...
t.internetexplorer6x/x86WinXP/com_microsoft.javavm_3319_MIL_4275/MSJavx86.ex

ftp://ftp.uq.edu.au/mirror/microsoft/patches/winxp/javavm_3319_MIL_42...
vx86.exe

ftp://ftp.visualware.com/pub/java/msjavx86.exe

ftp://ftp.luda.it/pub/browser/msjavx86.exe

(any one of those links could wrap, be careful when transferring them to
your browser.)

Also...
Follow this link:
http://aumha.org/elist.php#news3

and..

You should be able to access the Microsoft Java VM for Windows XP from
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Go to the Windows Update Site (Start / All Programs / Windows Update /
Personalize Windows Update

/ Enable the Windows Update Catalog.
Save Settings.
Select Windows Update Catalog from the left hand pane.
Select Find updates for Microsoft Windows systems from the right hand pane.
Select Windows XP / Search.
Select Critical Updates and Service Packs.
Select the March 4th Security Update as it contains Windows XP VM

Not sure how long the security update will be available.  It could disappear
just as the other links have.
(May have already, someone please email me if any of the links have gone
bad, I will update.)

--
Shenan

> why cant i download these things to play yahoo pool or
> yahoo chat?

microsoft virtual machine/java virtual machine

Post by Chris H » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:05:16

Go to Windows Update - there are a couple links in Windows XP, including off
the Start menu and in Internet Explorer.  It is included in Service Pack 1
available for download now.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP

> why cant i download these things to play yahoo pool or
> yahoo chat?

1. Java Virtual Machine/Microsoft Virtual Machine

i recently got a computer which has a new copy of XP on
it.i downloaded the Java VM and installed it. when i went
to a sight which utilized it i suddenly got a stack
dump..i restarted the computer and tried again to access
that sight(nfl.com game tracker)i again got the stack
dump. i uninstalled it and i didn't get it anymore...of
course i couldn't run the applet anymore either. will the
Microsoft VM fix it?

2. Previous Opened Files

3. Microsoft Virtual Machine or Java Virtual Machine

4. Insert OLE Object

5. Java Virtual Machine/Microsoft Virtual Machine

6. Tape Backups

7. JAVA virtual Machine/microsoft virtual machine

8. Service Pack 1a slows down Windows loading

9. java virtual machine and microsoft virtual machine

10. Java Virtual Machine Pop Up/Microsoft Virtual Machine

11. Microsoft Java Virtual Machine

12. Does IE6sp1 come with Microsoft Java Virtual Machine?