XP has a hard time mounting my external hard drive

XP has a hard time mounting my external hard drive

Post by Quan » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:56:35

i start windows xp, it has sp2 on it, then i power up my external oxford hard
drive and it does not load it correctly. it sees it but does not let me do
anything to it.  i am going from a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire.

and when i reboot with the external on it still does not see it.

thanks!

XP has a hard time mounting my external hard drive

Post by Nathan McNult » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:06:09

Try upating the drivers on your computer for the FireWire (which may be
your chipset/motherboard drivers), then try to control it from Disk
Management (Right click on My Computer, click Manage, click Disk
Management).

-----
Nathan McNulty

> i start windows xp, it has sp2 on it, then i power up my external oxford hard
> drive and it does not load it correctly. it sees it but does not let me do
> anything to it.  i am going from a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire.

> and when i reboot with the external on it still does not see it.

> thanks!

1. I mounted my hard drive onto my hard drive...

I mounted my hard drive in an empty folder on my hard
drive, for some reason... And I can't get rid of it
because if I delete it, it will delete my whole hard
drive!  It is in a folder under my root directory, and I
can keep on going into that directory, infinite times,
kind of like a mirror. So anyway, it is causing problems
like never ending hard drive scans and the like.  How the
heck do I un-mount the drive?? I've searched everywhere,
any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot
Russ

2. multiple default doc in IIS

3. o hard drive o hard drive where art thou hard drive?

4. Is there a NetMeeting in XP Pro ?

5. noisy hard drive on Windows XP laptops (was XP constantly taunting my hard drive)

6. on-screen keyboard

7. Windows XP slow, bulky, and having a hard time finding drivers....

8. Hotmail thinks I got an older vers. of IE

9. Having a Hard time with XP

10. Hard Drive cannot Boot - Hard Drive Password Prevents Win XP Access.

11. Can I copy the curent Hard drive incl Xp to a new hard drive

12. installing windows xp to a hard drive in hard drive case via usb

13. Replace old hard drive in XP system with New Larger Hard Drive