Disc CLeanup Help

Post by Ian Corcora » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:43:04

I am having trouble running disc cleanup on my windows XP
computer. Whenever I try to run it it freeves up after it
instantly goes to the third green dot of seeing how much
space it would be able to free up. Has this happened to
you, and if it has or you just know how to fix it please
tell me.
All help is apreciated.
Ian

Disc CLeanup Help

Post by \(0o » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:59:07

Hey Ian, it doesn't actually freezes, it is scanning and estimating the free
space you'll get if you decide to clean. the more files you have. the longer
it will take...give it some time...

Hope this helps ((0o0))

Quote:> I am having trouble running disc cleanup on my windows XP
> computer. Whenever I try to run it it freeves up after it
> instantly goes to the third green dot of seeing how much
> space it would be able to free up. Has this happened to
> you, and if it has or you just know how to fix it please
> tell me.
> All help is apreciated.
> Ian

Disc CLeanup Help

Post by Ian » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:41:23

I have but it has taken more than several hours
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hey Ian, it doesn't actually freezes, it is scanning and
estimating the free
>space you'll get if you decide to clean. the more files

you have. the longer
>it will take...give it some time...

>Hope this helps ((0o0))

>> I am having trouble running disc cleanup on my windows
XP
>> computer. Whenever I try to run it it freeves up after
it
>> instantly goes to the third green dot of seeing how
much
>> space it would be able to free up. Has this happened to
>> you, and if it has or you just know how to fix it
please
>> tell me.
>> All help is apreciated.
>> Ian

>.

Disc CLeanup Help

Post by \(0o » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:19:48

Hey Ian, how fast is your computer and is there any programs running while
you are attempting disk cleanup

Disc CLeanup Help

Post by Moniqu » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:46:44

Try this.  When you link the site above click on "Disk
Clean-up: compress old files freezes" beside line 48 on
the right.

I'm having the exact same problem w/ my PC (but I haven't
tried the link yet).

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am having trouble running disc cleanup on my windows
XP
>computer. Whenever I try to run it it freeves up after
it
>instantly goes to the third green dot of seeing how much
>space it would be able to free up. Has this happened to
>you, and if it has or you just know how to fix it please
>tell me.
>All help is apreciated.
>Ian
>.

1. Disk Cleanup help

I tried to run disk cleanup this morning for the first time.  It said it was
"scanning compressed files" for about 10 minutes.  Never moved past that
point.  So I shut it off and rebooted, thinking maybe it just needed a kick
in the head.  Same thing the next time I tried to run it.  My son's Win 98
does this with no problem.  Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Patt

2. Closing only one of several documents

3. disk cleanup help plz

4. Any books out yet on how to set-up/use XP?

5. disk cleanup help

6. Dual booting with an English and Japanese version of XP

7. disk clean up problems

8. Disk Cleanup Doesn't Cleanup

9. Disk cleanup does not cleanup

10. How stop disk cleanup telling me my hard disk is full

11. Disk Cleanup and Disk Defrag either won't run or they freeze

12. disk cleanup/scan disk/defragmenter