Ata 100

Post by Esteba » Mon, 06 May 2002 17:18:17

How can i enable my ata 100 hdd under win xp pro

Ata 100

Post by The Sentene » Tue, 07 May 2002 02:02:48

Your mother board must support ATA-100. If it doesn't, you will need an
add-in ATA-100 adapter card!

Quote:> How can i enable my ata 100 hdd under win xp pro

Ata 100

Post by Alex Marshal » Tue, 14 May 2002 05:20:59

That's fine and good, but how do you enable ATA-100 mode on the card?
'cause I have one as well and I'd really like to know this.

Alex Marshall

> Your mother board must support ATA-100. If it doesn't, you will need an
> add-in ATA-100 adapter card!

> > How can i enable my ata 100 hdd under win xp pro

Ata 100

Post by Mart6 » Tue, 14 May 2002 09:37:32

Have you enabled bus mastering on you hardware setup..??  Usually it
will show that bus mastering has been enabled if you have used the
correct drivers, or it has detected your hard drive correctly , but
sometimes it just doesn't..

ATA-100 is supported under XP fine (as is ATA133).  If your
motherboard is reasonably recent it will also support ATA 100.  Make
sure it is enabled in bios ( setting may need to be AUTO in bios).

If you have an ata100 controller card then it requires drivers that
should set up winXP too!!

Martin.

> That's fine and good, but how do you enable ATA-100 mode on the
card?
> 'cause I have one as well and I'd really like to know this.

> Alex Marshall

> > Your mother board must support ATA-100. If it doesn't, you will
need an
> > add-in ATA-100 adapter card!

> > > How can i enable my ata 100 hdd under win xp pro

---

Ata 100

Post by The Sentine » Tue, 14 May 2002 13:40:42

ATA-100 is automatically enabled by the solid state chip. You don't have to
do anything. My add in card was automatically detected upon startup and the
drivers were installed from the WinXP driver cache.

> That's fine and good, but how do you enable ATA-100 mode on the card?
> 'cause I have one as well and I'd really like to know this.

> Alex Marshall

> > Your mother board must support ATA-100. If it doesn't, you will need an
> > add-in ATA-100 adapter card!

> > > How can i enable my ata 100 hdd under win xp pro

1. Maxtor Ultra ATA 100/Promise Ultra ATA 100 card and WinXP

I have my primary hard drive running off of a Maxtor Ultra ATA 100
controller card that is really a Promise Ultra ATA 100 card. I'm about
to upgrade to WinXP Pro and I'm concerned because I have heard about
problems with WinXP and Promise controller cards. Microsoft's hardware
compatibility list shows no Maxtor Ultra ATA 100 card, but they show
two Promise Ultra ATA 100 cards. One gets a basic compatibility logo,
the other gets a WLP compliant logo (whatever that means). I don't
know how to tell which card I have although I suspect it's the lesser
compatible one since it is rebadged to a Maxtor.

Does anyone know if this Maxtor Ultra ATA 100/Promise Ultra ATA 100
works ok with Win XP? I have it in a Dell Dimension XPS R400 that I've
upgraded to a 1GHz processor, 384MB RAM,  two hard drives, CD-RW.

Thanks!

George

2. Database for CE

3. ATA/100 HD only operates in ATA/33 mode

4. Don't Want to Automatically Open Downloaded Files

5. ATA 100 & ATA 133 mixed

6. Wolfenstein

7. ATA-133 and ATA-100

8. Network Questions after upgrade-- it works, but a few things vanished ----- see inside Win98 and WinXP

9. ATA/100 HD only operates in ATA/33 mode

10. ata 100 or ata 66

11. ATA/100 Vs. ATA/133

12. ATA-33 speed on ATA-100 disk

13. ATA 100 with ATA 133 on same IDE Cable