iPod Causes XP SP2 to crash

Post by Bob Badge » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:18:26

I have a 2nd Gen iPod for windows, which connects to my PC via firewire
(a PCI firewire card). I am running XP Pro SP2. When I try to connect
my iPod to the PC, the whole machine crashes (no blue screen) and just
restarts.

So far I have tried:

1.Updating the iPod firmware from 2.2 to 2.3 (the latest version)
2. Installing the latest version of iTunes
3. Restoring the iPod via the latest updater.
4. Removing my version of iTunes and updater and reinstalling the old
versions that came with the iPod.
5. Regressing the firewire drivers (1394bus.sys and o1394.sys) to the
SP1 versions.

After doing 1 & 2 iTunes recognised my iPod, but windows stopped the
sync process saying it couln't find a driver for the device. All the
other steps cause the PC to crash.

Does anybody know what is happening/ how to fix it? ....Please...

Thanks in advance
Steffan

iPod Causes XP SP2 to crash

Post by Malk » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:22:39

> I have a 2nd Gen iPod for windows, which connects to my PC via
> firewire (a PCI firewire card). I am running XP Pro SP2. When I try to
> connect my iPod to the PC, the whole machine crashes (no blue screen)
> and just restarts.

> So far I have tried:

> 1.Updating the iPod firmware from 2.2 to 2.3 (the latest version)
> 2. Installing the latest version of iTunes
> 3. Restoring the iPod via the latest updater.
> 4. Removing my version of iTunes and updater and reinstalling the old
> versions that came with the iPod.
> 5. Regressing the firewire drivers (1394bus.sys and o1394.sys) to the
> SP1 versions.

> After doing 1 & 2 iTunes recognised my iPod, but windows stopped the
> sync process saying it couln't find a driver for the device. All the
> other steps cause the PC to crash.

Do any other fireware devices work with that PCI card? Perhaps the card
is damaged and the problem doesn't lie with the iPod. What happens if
you connect the iPod with USB instead?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

1. SP2 makes my computer crash or causes error

Hello, i got a problem updating my pc with service pack 2.
I started all over with a clean pc (formated, reinstalled
windows 2000 ) over and over but everytime I try to
install the service pack to it causes my system to hang or
reboot... A couple of times though, i could intstall all
of it but after the reboot it won't execute any programs,
not even windows explorer, or the configuration window!!
I don't know what to do, beacause I really need this updat
since I keep getting this STOP 0x0000000A
IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error's ...
Can someone please help with some hints how i can resolve
this problems??? Tnx 4 reading this, Wesley

2. where's it gone??

3. iPod causes Bluescreen when Windows detects it

4. ATTN: Anyone at Microsoft; SDK Registration not working

5. XP sp2 caused 2 problems with OE

6. HW Problem: Sound Washington 16 and Intel ISA EtherExpress

7. XP SP2 causes standby malfunction from keyboard driver

8. Web-access restricting software for children?

9. DVD Drivers - Does XP SP2 Cause the problems ??

10. Win XP SP2 IE6 crashes incessantly

11. Windows XP SP2 crashes

12. XP sp2 on my NEC versa lite FXi crash with netgear ma111 usb pen

13. IEEE 1394 Firewire Crashes After Compact Flash XP SP2