only */ in browser @ updates.microsoft.com

Post by Monticu » Thu, 22 May 2003 04:17:31

I am trying to see if there are any new downloads, and
when I go to the update site nothing but */ loads in the
browser.  I am using IE 6, my firewall is disabled.  I
have the same issue if I use mozilla to access the site.
Jesse tried to help me but I think I was unclear as to my
problem.  Sorry and thanks.

Please help!

only */ in browser @ updates.microsoft.com

Post by Nichola » Thu, 22 May 2003 04:26:54

Only Internet Explorer can access the Windows Update website.

Windows Update Troubleshooter
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

Problems When Viewing or Downloading From Windows Update
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=193385

Also, visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_w.htm and scroll
down to "Windows Update" for additional troubleshooting ideas.

The "Official" Windows Update newsgroup:

--
Nicholas

| I am trying to see if there are any new downloads, and
| when I go to the update site nothing but */ loads in the
| browser.  I am using IE 6, my firewall is disabled.  I
| have the same issue if I use mozilla to access the site.
| Jesse tried to help me but I think I was unclear as to my
| problem.  Sorry and thanks.
|
| Please help!

only */ in browser @ updates.microsoft.com

Post by Monticu » Thu, 22 May 2003 06:23:40

Thanks Nicholas, one of the many possible solutions worked.

Thanks again!

Monticus

---------

---------

>| I am trying to see if there are any new downloads, and
>| when I go to the update site nothing but */ loads in
the
>| browser.  I am using IE 6, my firewall is disabled.  I
>| have the same issue if I use mozilla to access the
site.
>| Jesse tried to help me but I think I was unclear as to
my
>| problem.  Sorry and thanks.
>|
>| Please help!
>.

1. news.microsoft.com vs msnews.microsoft.com

I have subscribed to a number of newsgroups under "news.microsoft.com".
Today I opened one from a link in InsideOE.com  (the best technical web site
I've seen!).  When I closed it, I was asked if I wanted to subscribe.  I
said, "yes," and found myself wit a new server entry (I think 'server' is
the correct term)?  This is "msnews.microsoft.com".  At least one of the
newsgroups is the same in each place.  I expect they all are.  Can someone
explain the relationship between "msnews.microsoft.com" and
"news.microsoft.com".

tia
laurel

2. SHLWAPI.dll

3. Monitoring FTP.MICROSOFT.COM ( FTP.MICROSOFT com on File manager?)

4. Mediaplayer Encoding Without Sound

5. MSN.com shuts out non-Microsoft browsers

6. USB Mass Storage/external HDD

7. No Updates Available from windowsupdate.microsoft.com??

8. Outlook Express 6 not showing attachments from Yahoo mail

9. Windows XP updates on microsoft.com

10. Unable to download Updates from microsoft.com

11. Can Windows CE be updated from microsoft.com?

12. http://update.microsoft.com/default.htm