cdrom driver

Post by kellichinggal » Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:13:44

my cdrom is installed but in device manager it says
windows could not start device because driver is corrupt
or missing
so i uninstall and reinstall, same problem, and all
correct drivers are listed

cdrom driver

Post by Fred » Fri, 09 Apr 2004 04:55:37

This happened to me last week and fortunately, I had mad a ghost copy of my
hard drive a few weeks earlier.

I just opend Ghost and reinstalled the ghost image and the drives showed up.

If you don't have Ghost, I suggest you buy it and make an image next time
you do a "clean install" of your operating system.

I know this is not a solution to your immediate problem, only a solution to
your next one!

Good Luck!

Quote:> my cdrom is installed but in device manager it says
> windows could not start device because driver is corrupt
> or missing
> so i uninstall and reinstall, same problem, and all
> correct drivers are listed

cdrom driver

Post by Jason Tsan » Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:10:26

Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

(It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

Quote:> my cdrom is installed but in device manager it says
> windows could not start device because driver is corrupt
> or missing
> so i uninstall and reinstall, same problem, and all
> correct drivers are listed

1. CDROM Driver Failure/Corrupt Driver

To anyone who can help:

I have a standard cdrom drive and a cdrw drive which are
both Windows XP compatible.  However, they are listed
under device manager with explanation marks.  The details
of which are:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I have re-installed the service pack in an attempt to fix
the files (redbook.sys, cdrom.sys, and storprop.dll)
associated with the basic cdrom support. This did not
resolve the issue.

I would appreciate some advice on correcting this issue.

Thanks,

Matthew Lee

2. Tablet standalone

3. Sun Moon Star CDROM Driver

4. Xerox Docuprint M 750

5. CDROM Driver

6. Problems "After" System Restore

7. IBM scsi cdrom driver

8. Backup & new HD problems

9. cdrom-driver for Texel-AH1542

10. packard bell cdrom driver

11. CDROM drivers

12. need teac 55a 4x cdrom drivers for win 95...please post...

13. CDU-111 sony cdrom DRIVERS needed